“A good find”

and 1 more site!
Foggy Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stahlstown
Reviewed 18 February 2008

The Foggy Mountain Lodge was a good find for a ski weekend at nearby Seven Springs Resort. The staff was friendly and the suite was clean. Two by fours used as crowning gave the place a rustic feel. There was an on-site restaurant, bar, and game room. The Lodge was 15 miles from the two ski resorts and 2 miles from an amazing vegan deli called Maggie's. While breakfast was included at the Lodge, it wasn't good, so multiple trips to Maggie's is well worth it. At about $100/room in ski high-season, I'd say this was a good find.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Travlin_boy

Reviewed 9 September 2007

My wife and I were looking for a nice quiet couple of days away and this was the perfect place. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Stacey, the bar manager made the stay really special with her bubbling personality. It truly is like a "Cheers " atmosphere as mentioned by a previous reviewer
The rooms were squeaky clean and the food in the restaurant was excellent. As we walked the grounds what stood out was the absolute silence which we're not used to being from the city and the sound of nothing was great.
We intend to go back in the winter with a few couples and sit around the fireplace and play darts, Trvial, and pool in their gameroom.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank golfman_412
Reviewed 27 February 2007

Me, my Wife and two other couples stayed for 1 night in a suite at the Foggy Mountain Resort. Our intentions were to have an inexspensive, quick little two day get away. We planned to have Dinner at the lodge and go snow tubing at Seven Springs. Well all I can say is we got much more then we exspected. Although fun, the snow tubing at Seven springs was a disappiontment. I paid 30.00 for both me and my wife to snow tube for 2 hour, the problem was that they over-book the two hour sessions with so many tubers that we got to go down the mountian only 7 times in 2 hours. Now About the Foggy Mountain Lodge - The Owners and employees were wonderful, they made you feel at home. This place is not about chandeliers and Caviar, its rustic, sucluded and very clean. This is a wonderful retreat away from the day to day fast paced life. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. The bar was very nice and the bartenders were very friendly (Cheers Like) in nature. The Resturant was located in the same building as the bar and the food was very good. My wife had Chicken Marsala and I had a half rack of ribs, the bill came to $23.00. We paid 103.00 w/tax for our room for the night and with that you receive a 5.00 off coupon for dinner in their logde and free (cooked) breakfast at the lodge in the morning. This was actually the best get-away deal me and my wife have gone on in a long time. We will definetly go back!! If you decide stay at the Foggy Mountain Lodge say hello to Stacy, she is the very friendly manager and certified Mixologist. Ask her to make you a drink called Nuts & Berries, my wife loved it.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank ejyanik
Reviewed 8 April 2006

We stayed here overnight a few years ago in January. It was very quiet - snowy and romantic - we felt like we were the only ones there.

We had an amazing gourmet dinner that came as a part of our room package. Looking at the website now though, it looks like they may have changed the restaurant and don't have a chef there anymore.

It was a nice, overnight getaway with a comfortable room.

• Stayed: January 2002
2  Thank cnft
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stahlstown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Somerset
Hampton Inn Somerset
#1 of 12 in Somerset
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Foggy Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!