“great location”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in State College
Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania
“great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

my husband and I went to a concert at the Bryce Jordan Center on May 2. The Sleep Inn was in a great location, just a few miles to the center and easy to find. The frontdesk people were great and friendly, we check in after 5 and was looking for somewhere to grad a bit to eat and they were very helpful. They even explain how to get to the center, for it was our first time in State College. The rooms were wonderful, comforable bed and pillow, slept like a baby, after working all day and then driving. The rooms were clean and quite, even with the window open for air, we didn't hear anything. The breakfast was good, the girl that work that morning was very nice, said good morning to everyone that walked in for breakfast. I would stay with them again for another concert or just to visit. They price was great, one you can afford on a tight budget.

Room Tip: rooms in rear of hotel very quite, enough parking for everyone.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sarah r
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn during your recent visit to State College. We appreciate your comments and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are conveniently located less than 2 miles from the Bryce Jordan Center ( Entertainment & Sports Area) and many other attractions that State College has to offer. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit with us!

AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
State College
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Once I landed, I called the hotel for shuttle pick and they came within 15mins. (I also called ahead of time for a scheduled pick up. But they said to call once I land to confirm & then they would come. But when I called the shuttle was already on its way) The driver was so nice and gave me some useful information along with some tour guide type info. (Like how the TGIF right in front of the Sleep Inn will take 10% off of your bill if you show them your hotel key) I wanted to tip him so I asked him if he could break a $20 bill. He then asked me if it was for a tip and I said yes. He said don't worry about it with a smile. I broke the 20 at the front desk anyway and left him a tip at the front desk. The front desk lady, Shanon, was super friendly and nice. They had free soft and fresh cookies with a donation box next to it. SO good! I took one every time I passed by lol. Breakfast buffet is 6a,-10am everyday. Included fruits, eggs (microwaved patties), sausages, toasts, bagels, cereals, juices, milk, coffee, tea, pastries, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc. The lady that was in charge of refilling the food immediately came up to me during breakfast to see if i needed anything. She was also very friendly and kind. I witnessed that the food was refilled immediately for other guests. coffee and tea is available all throughout the day. Hotel was clean, had free wi-fi, free breakfast, free parking, free airport shuttle service, and friendly hotel staff. AND it was inexpensive. I couldn't have asked for more!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn during your recent visit to State College. Our Staff appreciates your wonderful comments and would like to thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad you had the opportunity to use our complimentary Airport Shuttle Service and that you joined us for our newly expanded Morning Medley Breakfast that we offer each morning. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and I just spent two nights at this hotel while house hunting in the area. The room was clean and the amenities were good. The free breakfast was definitely a plus. Staff were VERY friendly and helpful.

Downsides: The pillows were tiny and very strangely shaped! (Little squares!) Gave us neck-aches. The refrigerator in our room was very loud and rumbled. It was pretty obnoxious. Other strange thing was the "sliding" bathroom door. Not a great design feature... and sometimes hard to open and close.

Overall, a good hotel, however.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth B
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns about your recent stay with us. We were pleased that you chose to stay with us and we appreciate your business. Our staff takes great pride in the service they provide and they strive to make the Sleep Inn of State College a "Home away from Home" for our guests.

Yours In service,

Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

I was visiting my son at State College and the Sleep Inn was close to his apartment. The room was more than adequate, nothing fancy but it was clean and the price was reasonable. Front desk staff was efficient and friendly. I've stayed here a couple of times and would not hesitate to use the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie S
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn during your recent visit to State College. We appreciate your comments and are pleased that you ejoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again soon.

Assistant Manager
Bath, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

Close to the Beaver Stadium, and Bryce Jordon Center.
Stayed 2 nights, nice clean room, Front desk very friendly and professional. Only issue is thin walls, could here every moan and groan in other rooms. small bathrooms . Otherwise nice property.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackiejw
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns about the Sleep Inn We take great pride in the services we provide our guests and the goal of our front desk staff is to offer a welcoming and friendly atmosphere so you feel right at home. Thank you for your business and please keep us in mind for all of your future travel plans to State College.

Assistant Manager
Kokomo, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I had a terrible night after my car broke down with a blown engine on I-80 near Snow Shoe, PA. My car was towed to State College, another 30 miles away, to the nearest place of available service. If that wasn't enough, some event in town led to the snatching up of every hotel room for miles around this college town. I managed to find a room here and booked it right away. Some chain hotels can be a drag to stay at, but I needed to rest and had no choice. I couldn't have asked for better service from the staff. They took care of me right way, and with sympathy for my crappy night. My room was a shock. It was beautiful, as an oasis in troubled waters. I would definitely return from the service alone.

Room Tip: The location couldn't be better. Not to far from the freeway and not to consumed by the mega-bu...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MrCrossIsBoss
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
I appreciate your comments and I am glad we were able to accommodate you. Our Sleep Inn is a Designed to Dream location offering cozy, modern rooms at a great value. Our staff is second to none, they take great pride in the service they provide to all our guests. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Your In Service

Northeastern PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Nothing fancy but a good value: a clean room for a low price and no surprises. This is the standard Sleep Inn room - very compact. If you want a larger room for a larger price, we'd recommend the Comfort Suites next door where we have stayed for longer visits (and reviewed previously). But if you are just dropping in and out of State College for an event and need a clean place to sleep close to the University, this Sleep Inn is a good choice. It is a good location with a short drive south to campus or north to Atherton Street food and shopping. A TGI Friday's is just a few steps out the front door. Only small complaint is most of the parking is curled around behind the building and not really well lit. We picked this Sleep Inn for the low price and we would not hesitate to use it again for a quick overnight stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn during your recent visit to State College. We appreciate your comments and are pleased that you ejoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.