“Great location for Penn State activities.”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel was clean and for the first 2 nights of our stay, quiet. The third night they put someone in the room above us, and the whenever they walked around their room, our ceiling creaked loudly...we even had a white noise machine & the fan on, and it was still very annoying. The breakfast that is included is average, nothing special. The employees were very friendly & willing to help whenever asked, especially the breakfast room ladies.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

I am glad you chose to stay at the Sleep Inn while visiting the State College area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the noise issue you experienced during the last night of your stay. Our Staff is hard working and takes great pride in the service they provide our guests, this is why your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn many times and it never disappoints. The rooms are small but very clean. The only draw back for some is that there is only a stand up shower stall. The furnishings are relatively new. Each room has a refrigerator & microwave. The front desk staff, especially Wes, are extremely helpful. It is close by to plenty of restaurants and not far from downtown State College or the Penn State campus. After we checked out I realized I had forgotten my sweater. I called and they put me on hold while they checked the room. They found it and brought it to the front desk for me. When I walked in to retrieve it, Wes recognized me right away. I didn't have to tell him what I was there for. It is nice to have great customer service in a world where that is sometime hard to find.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn during your visits to State College, Pa. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stays at our hotel. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Our staff works hard and takes pride in our hotel and the services they provide our guests; they are so glad you enjoy staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty and value your business. We hope to see you again soon, Safe Travels!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have stayed here hundreds of times over the years and don't plan on staying anywhere else in the State College. The staff is friendly and attentive. From the minute you walk through the door the front desk clerks are always friendly and professional; then you get to your room and it is always clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning is good with coffee, waffles, eggs and cereal etc. I highly recommend this Sleep Inn, in the past I have stayed at other hotels until I found the Sleep Inn and I will not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: They are all good. Photos are up to date on the internet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave M
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for making the Sleep Inn of State College your "Home away from home" while working in the area. We appreciate you sharing your experience and for recommending our hotel to others. We are pleased that you find our Designed to Dream rooms clean and comfortable and that you enjoy our Morning Medley Breakfast that we offer each morning. Our staff takes great pride in their work and the service they offer our guests is second to none. We are conveniently located to many restaurants, shopping centers and other attractions that State College has to offer our guest. We value your business and hope to see you a hundred more times!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The staff was friendly, cookies at check in are nice.
We had the room at the end of the hallway which was very noisy whenever someone took the stairs, common considering it's only a 3 story building and the big parking lot is in the back.

The bathroom reminded me of a dorm, one toilet and only room for a standing shower. This is not for modest people traveling together because there is no room in the bathroom to dress.

There is a TGIF within walking distance who will offer 10% off to Sleep Inn guests if you ask. Other than that, nothing special about this place.

Room Tip: Ask to steer clear of the stairwell or you will get no sleep. Also, very thin walls, prepare to hea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn while visiting State College, Pa. We appreciate your comments and concerns about your recent stay. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Sleep Inn wasn't bad. I went there because I had a Choice Hotels membership. It was clean---it was also VERY empty. I didn't see a single other hotel guest that day, and very few hotel staff. The location is terrible if you have anything other than sunshine. I had a quick business trip, and I already know the local bus system around there, so I had planned to take the bus in and out of downtown. But because the hotel is set off the road, accessibility to the bus depends entirely on whether the surrounding neighborhood feels like cleaning up snow and ice--which they didn't during my stay (I almost fell several times on my way to the bus stop). The hotel also didn't have an ATM, so not only did I have to walk through very icy conditions to get to a gas station to use the ATM for bus fare, but I also had to cross a very busy main road (also dotted with ice) to get to the bus stop a few blocks down. I don't think accessibility to the bus would have bothered me nearly as much if it hadn't been so incredibly dangerous (like if I went to visit in the spring or summer). The other complaint I have is about the actual hotel room---the pillows were like airbags. They were extremely uncomfortable. The bed was ok, though the sheets were pretty rough. Ultimately, I don't think this would be my first choice on another visit, but I'd stay there if I had to, or if I was in a pinch for money.

Room Tip: The heat is in an A/C unit in the room. I didn't figure that out right away, but when I did, I l...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn while in State College on a business trip. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We value your business and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to State College.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I'll be honest. Picked this place because I had a $50 Choice gift card and we needed a place to stay due to weather. We had an early flight out of State College - 5;45 am and I live 35 miles away over a mountain. We were up and out of room by 4:30 am. Sadly the weather did not cooperate. So we did not actually leave until 1:35 pm that day although we checked out around 7 am. The staff at the Sleep Inn bent over backwards to help us out. Offered us breakfast before breakfast was officially open. Let us park car in their lot for a week even though we had officially checked out and came back after flight had not left. Then we took their shuttle out to airport although it was made clear we could stay in lobby closer to when our flight left. The room is about what you would expect from a Choice Hotel option. Our room was fine. I'm not a big fan of ground floor rooms, but this one was not noisy. But then again, I suspect we were one of very few guests so can't speak to what it may be like on a busy weekend. Breakfast is a lot of refined white flour stuff and I do wish Choice would recognize the proliferation of Gluten Free diets and that oatmeal is a tiresome option. But that is not the staff's fault. That is Choice tell them what they can serve. Overall, still can't get over how accommodating and friendly the staff were at this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn for your recent overnight stay in State College. We sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Our Sleep Inn is a Designed to Dream location offering cozy, modern rooms at a great value. We take great pride in the service we provide to all our guests and will share your comments with our team.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I got here late Friday on a football weekend which means inflated prices and a two-night minimum stay so for basic rooms you will wind up paying close to $400. Almost all hotels in State College have the jacked up rates and 2-night minimum on football weekends. First room was not as planned - queen instead of a double, this for me and 17-year old son. No other rooms were available and it was 11:30 pm so we had no choice. This room on the ground floor hadn't been cleaned properly - wine spill on the sink counter was not wiped up, sink wasn't clean. The room was a bit beat up - cracks in the fiberglass shower stall, cracks in the sink. Only two bath size towels for two of us. Made do. Contacted manager (Lisa R.) the next day from the road, explained situation, and she pleasantly arranged a switch for us to a room with double beds which was a great improvement. That room was clean and in much better condition. Fairly basic breakfast. The room key did not work to open the rear door on the first night - we parked at the rear of the hotel. Staff said that the scanner sometimes doesn't work = but they did come and open the door for us after we had unloaded our luggage. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our Team for the issues you experienced with your room during the first night of your stay, guest satisfaction is important to us. I am glad I was able to help make your stay better.

We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to State College.