“Good facitlites and service”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed at the Sleep Inn at State College for 1 night. The room, linen and towels were clean and nice. The shower was amazing with good pressure. Breakfast was good and even better was the service from the lady bringing out the breakfast. Will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
sleep16803, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Peter,

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn of State College while visiting the area. We appreciate your kind comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our oversized Sleep Signature Showers are a great way to get the morning started. Our staff takes pride in the services they provide and they strive to make the Sleep Inn of State College a "Home away from Home" for our guests. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Krista Olson

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This makes my fourth visit to this Sleep Inn, and they are nothing if not consistent. My last trip here was just over two years ago and nothing seems to have changed -- the friendly service at check in and check out, the spotless housekeeping and the nicely kept grounds.

Actually, one thing has changed, for the better: The breakfast area has been expanded into the adjacent meeting room, which solves the problem of the jammed seating area that I encountered on one of my previous stays. And one other minor detail: This was the first time that I ended up in a first floor room. There were a few heavy footsteps in the room above now and then, revealing the building's typical budget motel build quality, but I still was able to sleep well. It was much quieter than a lot of other hotels I've been in.

You could do a lot worse than this hotel, even at higher prices, so I still recommend it as Happy Valley's best deal.

Room Tip: You'll hear a few creaks and thumps from footsteps in the rooms above if you're in one of th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for such positive feedback!. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Wesley Lomison

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our 3 day stay at the Sleep Inn was fantastic! The rooms were well decorated and comfortable, the staff was friendly and we saw them clean things in the hotel that I would never even think to clean. The only drawback is the small bathroom, but otherwise it is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Our staff works hard and takes pride in our hotel and the cleanliness they provide our guests; they like to pay attention to the details! We are so glad you enjoyed staying with us. We appreciate you and value your business. We hope to see you again soon, Safe Travels!

Wesley Lomison

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel was clean and for the first 2 nights of our stay, quiet. The third night they put someone in the room above us, and the whenever they walked around their room, our ceiling creaked loudly...we even had a white noise machine & the fan on, and it was still very annoying. The breakfast that is included is average, nothing special. The employees were very friendly & willing to help whenever asked, especially the breakfast room ladies.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

I am glad you chose to stay at the Sleep Inn while visiting the State College area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the noise issue you experienced during the last night of your stay. Our Staff is hard working and takes great pride in the service they provide our guests, this is why your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn many times and it never disappoints. The rooms are small but very clean. The only draw back for some is that there is only a stand up shower stall. The furnishings are relatively new. Each room has a refrigerator & microwave. The front desk staff, especially Wes, are extremely helpful. It is close by to plenty of restaurants and not far from downtown State College or the Penn State campus. After we checked out I realized I had forgotten my sweater. I called and they put me on hold while they checked the room. They found it and brought it to the front desk for me. When I walked in to retrieve it, Wes recognized me right away. I didn't have to tell him what I was there for. It is nice to have great customer service in a world where that is sometime hard to find.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn during your visits to State College, Pa. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stays at our hotel. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Our staff works hard and takes pride in our hotel and the services they provide our guests; they are so glad you enjoy staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty and value your business. We hope to see you again soon, Safe Travels!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have stayed here hundreds of times over the years and don't plan on staying anywhere else in the State College. The staff is friendly and attentive. From the minute you walk through the door the front desk clerks are always friendly and professional; then you get to your room and it is always clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning is good with coffee, waffles, eggs and cereal etc. I highly recommend this Sleep Inn, in the past I have stayed at other hotels until I found the Sleep Inn and I will not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: They are all good. Photos are up to date on the internet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave M
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for making the Sleep Inn of State College your "Home away from home" while working in the area. We appreciate you sharing your experience and for recommending our hotel to others. We are pleased that you find our Designed to Dream rooms clean and comfortable and that you enjoy our Morning Medley Breakfast that we offer each morning. Our staff takes great pride in their work and the service they offer our guests is second to none. We are conveniently located to many restaurants, shopping centers and other attractions that State College has to offer our guest. We value your business and hope to see you a hundred more times!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The staff was friendly, cookies at check in are nice.
We had the room at the end of the hallway which was very noisy whenever someone took the stairs, common considering it's only a 3 story building and the big parking lot is in the back.

The bathroom reminded me of a dorm, one toilet and only room for a standing shower. This is not for modest people traveling together because there is no room in the bathroom to dress.

There is a TGIF within walking distance who will offer 10% off to Sleep Inn guests if you ask. Other than that, nothing special about this place.

Room Tip: Ask to steer clear of the stairwell or you will get no sleep. Also, very thin walls, prepare to hea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn while visiting State College, Pa. We appreciate your comments and concerns about your recent stay. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!