“Very Pleasant Customer Service Experience”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn in State College, PA. I was passing through the area and was drawn to the affordable price. Before my stay I was concerned that the hotel would be either run-down or unclean do the economical price I was to pay. On the contrary, I found my unit to be clean and very acceptable.

The General Manager Bob Patel was very responsive to all of my needs, as I had some issues with the way I had filled out my reservation. With Mr. Patel's help, we were able to work out all issues, which alleviated a great deal of stress for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially customer service to any passer-through.

The only reason I gave this hotel an average rating was due to the fact that the hotel is quite dated in its amenities. However, Mr. Patel actually made the experience much more than average.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hardrock44
Bob P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn in State College, PA. I made the reservation online and was immediately sent an email confirmation. When I arrived I was greeted by a super friendly General Manager Bob Patel. Mr. Patel clearly likes his job and it shows. My room was probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have stayed at. I was not expecting what I got, but was very happy with everything from management to cleanliness and also convenience of location. It is a great value for the money and I plan to always use this hotel for State College visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

All of our usual spots in state college were taken. The only place available was this and we worried that, with such a low rate, what would we find? We found a good sized room, a microwave, fridge, tv with cable and cleanliness. This place was cleaner than some of the more expensive places we've stayed. Yes, the bathroom is small, but immaculate. The room had everything we needed. My only complaint? The towels were those very thin ones. That will not prevent me from returning. It is convenient to just about everything. North Atherton has every possible food option available, and the university is a short walk away.
Oh, and it was quiet at night! A very good deal.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I spent the day at PSU and after a lot of walking around campus, running errands in town this room was just what I needed. The price is what originally attracted me but the staff is the reason I will return. My room was clean, and larger than I thought it would be.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank P Lloyd L
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Rode the Harley to state college and took a chance on the Roadway inn. What a wonderful place, room was clean and spacious vaulted ceilings. Could not have found a better place to stay for the price. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank woody1978
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I recently stayed here for over 3 weeks and it was extremely convinient for such a modest price.
The staff is very friendly and really helpful and the room is cleaned every day (which is what you really need for a few weeks stay). It's also at a very convinient location on North Artherton and just 15 minutes walk from Campus Library.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank oranjok
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Clean room, quiet, bargain price. I could not ask for anything more. The staff at this facility does a great job. I will stay at this Rodeway again. Convenient location just off I-99 on route 322 Bus. The cost made it a real bargain.

Room Tip: The rooms do not face the highway so you do not get the noise.