“Great hotel”

Courtyard State College
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Staying here for business. Rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Free Coffee, Tea and USA Today paper. Close to shopping and food. Staff is great. Did not use the pool or Bistro. Will use again When I am here on business.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard State College, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

TheWholeHamFamily,
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us at Courtyard State College. I’m pleased to hear our comfortable accommodations, convenient location and friendly staff made for a pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time your business travels bring you to State College.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard State College

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Penn State Graduation - 2 night minimum - pricey...However, conveniently located. Signage not the best as main entrance is on side street. Parking lot connects to Ruby Tuesday on corner of S. Atherton & University Dr. Friendly staff good at multi-tasking. Snack table in lobby for game weekends and graduation. Free coffee/tea hidden behind sitting area. Breakfast counter service slow. Spacious room with sofa bed, fridge & microwave. Nice sitting areas in front of hotel (horse manure fertilizer???). Some rooms have balcony overlooking parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard State College, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

lizard49,
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel conveniently located for the Penn State graduation. We appreciate your kind comments about our friendly staff and spacious rooms. Your feedback is valuable to me so I appreciate taking the time to write this review. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

My son is going to Penn State. We stayed when we visited the campus. The hotel is quiet, clean and comfortable. They have free coffee and tea in the lobby, and the pool is quite nice and large for a Courtyard. It is really close to Penn State. The staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast is served quickly and it is inexpensive. I enjoyed my stay here. It is not upscale just a really nice basic hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor it is quieter since no one is above you, it is the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard State College, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

aweiss00,
I’m delighted to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard State College. Thank you for your review and kind comments about our clean hotel, comfortable and friendly service. Please plan to stay with us again the next time you visit your son at Penn State. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here for one night and it was a pleasant experience. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Bed linens were crisp and soft. Bed was comfortable provided a good night sleep. Decided to go to the in house bistro for dinner, had the burger and wings, plus two beers. Food was good but a little pricey but that is normal for hotel food. Staff was responsive, knowledgeable, and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard State College, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Chris L,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard State College. I’m happy to hear you had a pleasant experience and found our spacious rooms to be clean and comfortable. I appreciate your kind words about our great staff and their excellence in service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed here overnight when visiting my daughter at Penn State. Check in time was 3:00 p.m. We arrived at 3:10 and were told that a room wasn't available because they were not cleaned yet. It would be at least 15 more minutes and they would call when it was ready. We took a drive to get my daughter something to eat and they did call in 20 minutes with a room that was cleaned. I asked if it had a refrigerator and they said no that would be longer because none of those rooms were cleaned yet. We drove back to hotel arriving at 3:50 and the room with a refrigerator still wasn't ready. I told the recepitionist to just get us a room as now I was losing my patience. She told me they would bring a refrigerator up shortly. Why wasn't I told this in the beginning. They wheeled a portable refrigerator into the room 45 minutes later.

The spa or hot tube next to the pool was out of order and that was disappointing. The pool is very small. If there are kids using it, it gets crowded.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The morning coffee was also tasty. As for our stay, there are other hotels that are cheaper and had better service than this one!

Will not bother going back here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jkatobx
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard State College, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

jkatobx,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard. I apologize for your room not being available at check in and appreciate your patience. Please accept my apologies for the spa and hot tub being out of order during your stay too. Your feedback is important to me so I'm glad that you took the time to write your review. We always look for ways to make improvements so I'll use your comments constructively. We value you as our guest and hope you'll consider staying with us again. We'd like to show you our improvements and provide a more positive experience. Thanks again.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

My son goes to school at Penn State and we stay here quite a bit. The rooms are clean, the beds are really comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi are also real good. Complimentary Starbucks coffe in the morning in the lobby . Great place to stay for games and if you are just picking up your student to come back home.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevatore especially if you go for a Penn State game. It could get real lo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard State College, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Christian M,
It's great to hear from you and receive such a wonderful review. We're glad to have you stay with us as regular guests, and we're delighted to know that you enjoy your visits. I'm pleased you've found a clean, comfortable and relaxing place to rest while visiting State College. We hope you'll continue to make us your number one hotel and visit us again. We look forward to it.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

There really aren't any great options in State College I guess and if there are, I haven't found them. This might be one of the better but still just ok at that. I come here to visit family and I don't suppose anyone really comes here to vacation so this property should meet your needs.

They have a little bar where you can order a small menu. With absolutely nobody else in the lobby, our order of a salad and pizza took almost 2 hours. Breakfast is not included but you can do grab and go or order some more real food options from this bar area. The morning service fared much better than the evening. The fitness center is not the best but it is there with 2 treadmills, a bike and an eliptical. They also have old chipped weights and are using an ottoman for a weight bench which really doesn't cut it.

WIFI worked well in the room and was free so that was good. The room and bathroom were large enough and updated so it was definitely fine for us. The cleaning staff was thorough and friendly though even when I asked them to clean my room at a later time one day. I stayed 2 nights and the first night nobody must have been beside me but the 2nd night it seemed like my bed was right behind the wall that had their bathroom or closet because the banging around and water noises were very loud. I could not wait for them to leave and once they did I could rest again.

The front desk was helpful and gave my daughter a gift. There are no perks here for being a Gold Marriott rewards member. I replied to the automated survey that goes out after you stay with my concerns and have not heard anything back.

Location is convenient to all of State College which isn't really that big and I might come back or might try a different property when I visit again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gymmom1118
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard State College, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

gymmom1118,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us while visiting family nearby. I apologize for your long wait in getting dinner. Your feedback is helpful and I'll make sure to make improvements. I'm glad you like our property and find our staff friendly and helpful. We hope you'll stay with us again as we enjoyed having you as our guest.