“Perfect for Penn State”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Clean, friendly, affordable, and close to Penn State. What more could you ask for? 2nd time I stayed here and if my daughter is accepted to the school, I won't stay anywhere else. There are very few hotels closer to the campus and those that are will cost a fortune. Recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

So glad you enjoyed your stay. We will keep our fingers crossed that your daughter is accepted to Penn State. We can't wait for you to visit us again. When you do, please don't forget to ask about our Penn State Parents discount program. Text books are expensive! This card will save you 15% everytime you visit. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once in August 2012 and again in September 2012. This is a basic hotel, but it was very comfortable and clean. I was most impressed with how friendly and welcoming all of the staff members were. The room rates are a great deal considering how clean this hotel is and how friendly the staff are. I already have returned to this location a second time and it is now my go to place to stay when I am visiting State College.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are a good idea if you want to avoid the slow elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the kudos! I have the pleasure of working with the best group of people. When I get to share comments like yours with them, it really make my day. We promise to keep up the the good work , as long as you promise to visit again soon! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here during Parents Weekend. The staff were very welcoming and gave another guest some helpful hints about reserving for graduation. The room was fine, the location is great if you are visiting Penn State. My only complaint was breakfast. The breakfast area is very narrow so it's hard to maneuver when it gets crowded and they ran out of eggs when I got there so I had to wait several minutes for the staff to bring out more. But, it is good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our Quality Inn Penn State. I am happy that you found our staff welcoming and helpful as well as your room clean and comfortable. We take great pride in offering the best possible service. I am happy to share with you, our plans to renovate our breakfast area. Beginning in January, we will be increasing the space of the breakfast area. We understand that it can get a bit tight, especially during a busy weekend. We do look forward to your visiting us again in the future to see the improvements. If you have not done so already, may I suggest signing up for the Penn State Parents Discount Plan. By registering, you will receive a discount card that will entitle you to a 15% discount every time you come to visit Penn State. Thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

The hotel is located within a stones throw from Penn State!

You can't find a cleaner, nicer place than this Quality Inn! Staff is friendly and inviting! Breakfast was fresh with many choices! Presentation was nice and the staff kept the space clean and kept refreshing the coffee!

Only place I will stay when in State College area !!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear Cyndy, Thank you for the kind words. Sharing comments like yours with my staff is the best part of my day! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 11 September 2012

My in laws have stayed several times and recommended this hotel for when we had to be in town for a funeral. We ended up with about 5 families staying. Wonderful friendly, helpful, clean, comfy hotel and all for the bargain price of about $65 a night! We had a king room and both the room and bathroom were very spacious. Breakfast in the morning was quite good and they had an attendant there the entire time refreshing and refilling everything. The only negative I could find was in the hallways the carpets were pretty stained...in the room they were perfectly clean. I wished we could stay longer to enjoy the hotel and the state college area. Next time we go to visit this will be the first place we look to stay! I hope Quality Inn keeps up the great work and affordable pricing.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Our sincere condolences for your recent loss. I am pleased that our hotel served as a comfortable gathering place for our family. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Hopefully, under happier circumstances!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

my family stayed here this past weekend (room 325) for my Nephews Graduation at Penn State, I could not be happier, the beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean, the breakfast selection in the morning was was very good, from eggs to cold cereal ,juice, coffee bacon, sausage, the staff was very friendly upon check in & check out I would most defianately stay here again I was very pleased with our stay. Great Job Keep up the Good Work

Room Tip: the third floor is very quiet because there is no one above you
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
HPischke, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Congratulations to your nephew on his recent graduation from Penn State. I am so glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and that your room was clean and comfortable. That is what we strive for every day. Nothing makes be happier than to hear that our guests were pleased with our service and that they are planning on returning. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Heidi

Reviewed 30 July 2012

we stayed for one night and got a good deal on room 301. Positives (flat screen, fridge, in penn state, close to restaurants and campus). Good selection for breakfast

our bathroom could be a little cleaner - found hair on the toilet before using the bathroom, the floor tiles were slightly discolored, the tub was a triangle so it was a little awkward to shower and the tub was slightly discolored as well.

great hotel for a budget traveler.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple