“Clean, Friendly, and Convenient”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have stayed here three times for work at Penn State. The hotel is one of the cleanest I've stayed in for business travel, especially considering the great rates. It's less than a five minute drive from campus, making it extremely convenient. The hotel staff was always friendly, and was able to point me in the right direction, weather it was for a morning latte or dinner. The hotel is up-to-date and appears to be expanding their breakfast area. Overall, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear No- Noise, Thank you for your kind comments.If I remember correctly, you and your collegue were working late into the night during your stay. I am happy that our staff did not disturb you during the day and that you were able to get some much needed rest. I am also very please that you found our hotel clean and the staff helpful. That is always our goal and I am pleased that we hit the mark. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks for staying with us! Heidi

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Our stay was perfect. A clean and comfortable room friendly and a very accomodating staff. The GM Heidi is quite the professional and runs a terrific hotel. We visited our daughter who attends the university and we already looking forward to our next visit . A definite recommendation

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Tony, Always a pleasure seeing you and your family! There is nothing I enjoy more than sharing comments like yours, with the staff. And a recommendation from our guests is the greatest compliment. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Front desk help was very friendly and helpful. Large rooms with a king...super big bathroom with plenty of towels. Didn't do the breakfast but went across the street and had a very good one instead. Would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Tom, Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you come up for a concert at the Bryce Jordan Center, we will expect to see you here! Lucky for your little Jack Russell, I didn't catch her smoking that cigar in the room! We are smoke-free. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Heidi

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Our stay here exceeded our expectations. Decent price for an average room that was very clean. Beds were firm, but very comfortable, the only problem we encountered was the bathroom door sticks and was hard to close. Hotel did allow pets for an extra $10/night. Included breakfast had cereals, muffins, bagels, breads, waffles, sausage links, cheese omlet, hardboiled eggs, juices, coffee, &tea. Good quality too. Best part of the stay was the staff, they were very friendly, accomodating, and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you for your comments! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sounds like Breakfast was a pretty good way to start your day. I am especially happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. We all really enjoy when our hotel if filled with wonderful guests like yourself! Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Clean, friendly, affordable, and close to Penn State. What more could you ask for? 2nd time I stayed here and if my daughter is accepted to the school, I won't stay anywhere else. There are very few hotels closer to the campus and those that are will cost a fortune. Recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

So glad you enjoyed your stay. We will keep our fingers crossed that your daughter is accepted to Penn State. We can't wait for you to visit us again. When you do, please don't forget to ask about our Penn State Parents discount program. Text books are expensive! This card will save you 15% everytime you visit. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once in August 2012 and again in September 2012. This is a basic hotel, but it was very comfortable and clean. I was most impressed with how friendly and welcoming all of the staff members were. The room rates are a great deal considering how clean this hotel is and how friendly the staff are. I already have returned to this location a second time and it is now my go to place to stay when I am visiting State College.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are a good idea if you want to avoid the slow elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the kudos! I have the pleasure of working with the best group of people. When I get to share comments like yours with them, it really make my day. We promise to keep up the the good work , as long as you promise to visit again soon! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here during Parents Weekend. The staff were very welcoming and gave another guest some helpful hints about reserving for graduation. The room was fine, the location is great if you are visiting Penn State. My only complaint was breakfast. The breakfast area is very narrow so it's hard to maneuver when it gets crowded and they ran out of eggs when I got there so I had to wait several minutes for the staff to bring out more. But, it is good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our Quality Inn Penn State. I am happy that you found our staff welcoming and helpful as well as your room clean and comfortable. We take great pride in offering the best possible service. I am happy to share with you, our plans to renovate our breakfast area. Beginning in January, we will be increasing the space of the breakfast area. We understand that it can get a bit tight, especially during a busy weekend. We do look forward to your visiting us again in the future to see the improvements. If you have not done so already, may I suggest signing up for the Penn State Parents Discount Plan. By registering, you will receive a discount card that will entitle you to a 15% discount every time you come to visit Penn State. Thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!