“Nice room and price - but the ice machine?”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in State College
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice room and price - but the ice machine?”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The room was spacious and quiet. TV cable service was great. The price was very attractive. After all the good news, I discovered that only one ice machine was functional even though there were ice machines on each floor. I hope the machines get repaired before the last one goes down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as there is little or no traffic at the back of the facility...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I very pleased to hear that you found your room to be clean and spacious. Fortunately, the lone ice machine remained operational until maintenance was able to repair the other two. This time of year our ice machines get a work out. Thank you for staying with us! I hope we see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed for one night, free breakfast is a nice perk. You will have to drive to campus but it is close. If you don't like pets don't stay here. We were woke up by a dog barking, which didn't bother us but could bother others.

Stayed June 2014
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I am so sorry about the dog barking! We ask guests not to leave their pets unattended in the room. The dog was likely jealous that everyone else was enjoying the complimentary breakfast buffet and no one invited him. I hope your stay was otherwise enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we see you again soon! Heidi
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I'm not sure what else I could ask for in a night's stay! The rooms were large, clean, and even smelled good. The manager, Cinnamon Tice was very accommodating along with the rest of the staff. Breakfast was fresh and tasty. I will definitely be staying again sometime........Lee

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Nothing makes me happier than hearing that you'll be back! Cinnamon and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Heidi
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights for a volleyball tournament and was pleasantly surprised with our hotel experience! The staff at the hotel was very welcoming, as we were greeted each time we entered. The rooms were very simple, but clean. I feel like there should be more electrical outlets, especially near the bed for charging phones. It was nice to be able to bring our dog, and they even had a bowl of dog biscuits in the lobby. Breakfast both days was well stocked, and Nicole was very friendly. Thanks to Aaron who went above and beyond helping the group that I was with in having a potluck dinner in the lobby. Having to travel each day to the Penn State campus was very easy and only took minutes. We walked across the street to the Waffle Shop for a delicious lunch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I am so pleased that our staff provided you with the quality service you deserve. Aaron and Nicole are awesome! We are so fortunate to have them as a part of our team! I have shared your comments with them both. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Heidi
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Close to campus, excellent breakfast included sausage or bacon, eggs and waffles along with typical continental fare . clean and updated, staff very friendly and efficient, pet friendly, Internet was ok.great price. Cons- full size beds in double rooms not queens, small lobby.

• Stayed May 2014
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our staff! I guess you can tell they all enjoy being a part of your stay. Happy to hear you enjoyed the full hot breakfast. Always a great way to start the day. We hope we see you again soon! Thanks for staying with us.
Allendale, Michigan
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Enjoyed two nights here while visiting with family. Good morning breakfasts, and decent rooms. Nice and quiet. The only complaint is that my husband and I had a room with two double beds. The beds were really only standard doubles and we had to sleep in separate beds because we didn't really fit on one together.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MrsT1020, Asst GM at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our on-line survey. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay for the most part and apologize about the bed situation. Our hotel only offers double beds (two in each room) or a king size bed. Our king rooms are our handicapped rooms and we try to sell those out last-minute in case they would be needed for a handicapped guest that would need the accessible showers.

The next time you stay with us, feel free to ask the Front Desk staff if there are any king rooms available. If there are, we can certainly get you into one of those rooms. Again our apologies that the beds weren't ideal for this situation.

We hope that we get to see you again in the near future.
Avis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Once again I've stayed at this Quality Inn. I do feel it's one of the better QI's, based on what others have told me of this brand. Although the location is great (right across from a Waffle Shop), the parking is not so great. After returning to the hotel at night (around 11:30pm), i found several spots occupied by large trucks that had to park horizontal. Luckily, I did manage to find a few spots open. I mentioned this to the manager (Cinnamon) who was very pleasant and understanding, and informed to me that if there weren't any spaces at all, then the hotel would make another arrangement. So, if you stay here, just keep in mind that you MAY find no parking available. Still, I think the hotel management/ owner need to rethink the parking policy. The only other problem I experienced was the air conditioning in the room was horribly loud. By the time I realized this, it was too late at night to really worry about changing rooms. Overall, this place is not bad for the price ($78.11) with tax and AAA discount for one night. However, considering that no major events were taking place at the PSU campus that would explain the good price. Anymore then that, and I'd look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check air conditioner/heating unit right away for noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MrsT1020, Assistant GM at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to complete our on-line survey. We are happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Unfortunately, the parking here at the hotel is a little crazy. We have to share the parking lot with some of the other properties around us. I'm not sure that there is anything else that we can do to change the situation at this time however, we will discuss it and see if anything can be handled differently.

We appreciate your business and we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.