“Fine for one night”

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in State College
New Jersey
“Fine for one night”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Hotel was fine. Move-in weekend for PSU kids, so hotel was full. Rate was of course a bit higher than usual for that reason too. Beds ok. AC unit noisy. Spacious room. Bathroom fairly clean. Complimentary breakfast adequate, but held in a very small area for the # of guests that weekend. Could use a bit more parking. We had a late dinner so when we got back to hotel at 10pm, every spot was taken. We had to park behind the restaurant next door. Nice perk that each room has a small fridge. Would likely stay again if the rate stays consistent. Seems most hotels in the area price gouge when it's a home game, parent's weekend, move-in weekend or graduation. Not fair but legal, I guess.

Cinnamon T, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We are in the constant process of updating our hotel so your feedback will be well used.

We hope that you will visit us again so that we can have the chance to provide you with a superior experience at our hotel.

Thanks again,

Cinnamon Tice
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I can't say enough great things about this place - it is located quite near the Penn State campus, as well as near off campus housing and all the shops and fast food places on Atherton St as well. The staff is just amazingly friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The breakfast is not just muffins and coffee, it's eggs and sausage and a wide array of bread/muffin options and waffles and cereal and fruit and juices and milk and coffee and tea. This isn't the fanciest place, but it's more than adequate, it's very clean and it's by far the friendliest. I whole heartedly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MrsT1020, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Lee,
We are exceedingly please that you found our staff amazingly friendly, helpful and accommodating. We are happy that our breakfast exceeded your expectations with all of its offerings. We wholeheartedly thank you for recommending us and look forward to your next visit.
Morris Plains, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Clean room and helpful staff were the two things that stood out to me. The room was affordable and comfortable. It is the best deal in hotels that I have come across lately. I will certainly stay here the next time we are in State College.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Pat11NJ,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are happy that you found our rooms affordable, clean and comfortable. We are always pleased to hear that our staff was helpful. We will look forward to seeing you again.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed at your hotel back in June 2014 and it was the best stay I have ever had in a quality inn. I had an extremely clean room and the desk staff were very friendly and professional. They even accommodated me with a tooth brush and toothpaste which somehow my wife forgot to pack for me. Then there was the awesome breakfast that was fully stocked with eggs and sausage and they even had a waffle maker. OUTSTANDING!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is thinking about staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Corkymeister
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Wow! I am so happy you loved the OUTSTANDING waffles! We were glad to help your wife finish packing for you. As long as it’s just the essential toiletries she forgets, we have you covered. Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Next time bring your wife along.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Very nice, clean rooms, good breakfast, a lot better than the other Quality Inns, a nice selection in a large sunroom area. All new coffee machines etc.
This is where we stay when in town on business trips.
I recommend staying here.
I normally stay at Comfort and Quality Inns, and this is the best one so far.

• Stayed August 2014
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear SwissRoadWarrior, Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! So glad you enjoyed breakfast in the new sun room. We only recently completed the renovation to our breakfast area. It is a great way to start the day! Yes, the coffee machines are brand new. Now you get a fresh brewed, steaming cup of coffee at the press of the button! Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.
Heidi Pischke
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had a very pleasant stay at the Quality Inn. The staff was very friendly. Rooms were affordable, clean and comfortable. Plus you they have free wi-fi and breakfast. Delicious coffee and you can make your own waffles (not the frozen ones). Hotel is located in the center of everything all restaurants, shops and down the road for the college. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Maria, I am so happy to hear that you and your family will be back! Thank you fro you kind words about our staff. I think the delicious keeps the entire staff in good spirits. I personally love the smell of the waffles. Yum! Thank you for staying with us. Can't wait to see you again.
Heidi
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have environmental allergies and have many food allergies as well. I was shocked ( a good shocked ) to learn how accomodating this hotel was with my gluten free diet, as well as my chemical sensitivities. All you really have to do is ask. I didn't even think to ask because most places don't think of accomodating people like myself, so I drag my own sheets, pillows, food everywhere I go. They do have gluten free bread and special sheets if you're chemically sensitive like myself. BRAVO!!!! There should be more hotels like you! They were so nice, it was really a great stay. WHO KNEW?

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Heidi P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Yes, all you have to do is ask. We will always do our best to make your stay is as comfortable as possible. Let us know when you make your reservation that you have a special need or concern and we will take care of the rest. So glad you stayed with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Heidi