“Best Room in State College”

Nittany Budget Motel
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in State College
Niagara Falls, New York
“Best Room in State College”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

If your going to State College to drop your kid at any of the State College Camps or for a visit to State College. This is the place to stay. Beer Store on premise. Every Import you can imagine. Clean Room. Wonderful knowledgeable staff. You feel like your staying with family. The breakfast is fun who delivers Bagels and Coffee to your room. I would think this would be a great motorcycle trip destination as well.

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quiet Nice view of Sunset over Cornfield
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank juliamoretti
Mandy E, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind review of the Nittany Budget! It’s wonderful to hear that everything met your expectations, especially since your expectations were so high! We are very proud that you would recommend us to friends. To us, there is no greater compliment. We’re glad you enjoyed the breakfast and found our staff to be helpful! We hope to have you back the next time you are in Happy Valley! Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Salisbury,N.C.
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was a good place at a good price. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Really like the breakfast nook and room was clean and comfortable. Very enjoyable stay and we will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

4 Thank danandleona
Thank you so much for reviewing our motel! We are very glad that you found our service and rooms to be enjoyable and affordable! We like to say we give you the Ritz experience for the right price! The breakfast nook is definitely a favorite here at the Nittany Budget! Our housekeepers will be so pleased to hear that your room was to your standards. They work very hard to ensure that every room is perfect for our guests. We hope to see you come back very soon! Thanks again!
STRONGSVILLE
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Most of the Hotels that I've stayed at had hard beds that when I woke up in the morning I had a hard time getting out of the bed I was so stiff. This bed was comfortable not too hard and not too soft just right. I was amazed with the price especially when it comes out of my pocket and with the complimentary breakfast that was delivered to the room. This was defiantly a Great Value

2 Thank FRANCIS R
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are so very pleased to hear that you found our bed comfortable. Sometimes, you can get so caught up in the amenities of the hotel that you forget the most important part! Sleeping! We’re glad you woke up comfortably and with no back pain! Being a great value is a point of pride for us and we’re so satisfied that you were satisfied! Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Happy Valley soon!
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had a high expectations for this place based on previous reviews, and I was not disappointed. From when I first walked in and was greeted until I left I encountered great employees who were knowledgeable and helpul. Complimentary breakfast delivered to your room each morning? What's not to love! Especially for the price, Nittany Budget goes above and beyond. I would recommend this place to any friends and/or family who visit.

2 Thank Matt W
Mandy E, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind review. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded during your stay with us! Our staff is proud to provide the best service that money can buy, without using all of your money to buy it! To me, there’s no better praise of our service than saying that you would recommend us to friends and family! Thank you again for reviewing our motel and we hope to see you back next time you’re in Happy Valley!
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This property exactly met my needs. I was in town for a conference and did not want to spend an arm and a leg. It was very reasonably priced and only a short drive to the location of my conference. The front desk personnel were genuinely nice. The small convenience store on site was very nice. I loved the walking/jogging paths around the property. As a woman traveling alone, I always felt safe. The small continential breakfast was a nice touch. The room was very clean and comfy and the bathroom actually sparkled.

3 Thank bermudafreak
Mandy E, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We are so pleased that you were satisfied with your stay and that we were able to meet your requirements! Our housekeeping staff loves hearing comments like yours! I will be sure to tell them that your room was just to your liking! Furthermore, I am personally pleased that you were able to walk around the area without worries. I understand the need for a sense of security when traveling alone and I am very glad that you found it here at the Nittany Budget. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what’s working at our property. We hope to have you back next time you’re in town for a conference!
Albany, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My daughter and son-in-law moved to State College and I stayed at this motel for three days last week while helping them move in. It was an excellent place to stay and I plan to stay here again whenever I return to State College to visit them. The room and bathroom were clean; things were quiet. It's a well-maintained motel and the persons in charge are attentive and caring. There's even a free continental-type breakfast available delivered to a "breakfast nook" that opens up right into your own room. In all my years of staying at motels that's a wonderful feature I'd never seen before. There's a convenience store within short walking distance, that has a Dunkin' Donuts. The price is more than reasonable. I had never been to State College before and was very glad I found this place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelerM3295PU
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing! Our breakfast is definitely a favorite amenity at the Nittany Budget and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. We think it is a wonderfully unique feature in the growing landscape of cookie-cutter hotels. We are glad that you found us to be economical without sacrificing quality! Our staff will be very pleased to hear your kind words about them! Good luck to your daughter and son-in-law in their new home and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
Stroudsburg
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Everything from the staff to the motel room was great about the Nittany Budget Motel. From the time we checked to the time we checked out, the staff was super-friendly and obviously very proud of the NBM. The fact that we were also served breakfast daily as part of the cost, made an already very economical motel, even better. Also, the fact that they were pet friendly really made this the only place that I will stay when I am in State College! Keep up the great work, folks!

Room Tip: Probably rooms behind the hotel were more quiet - less car traffic and foot traffic. Very safe and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RunOverDepression
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel! We are so excited that you found everything to be above your satisfaction! We do love hearing that people enjoy the work we are doing, and I will pass your review along to the rest of my staff! We will be so very glad to welcome you and your canine friends back to the Nittany Budget. See you soon!