“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Stevens Motel

The Stevens Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in State College
The Stevens Motel
Douglassville
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Stevens two times. We love our visits. The rooms are very clean and have the comforts of home, TV, microwave, small frig etc. I would highly recommend ! Close to campus and plenty of parking. The staff are friendly and helpful. Love all the flowers during the summer months !

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tannersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

As a single Mom, traveling alone to visit my daughter at PSU, I always felt the need to stay in a big chain that cost a fortune! After my daughter moved to an off campus apartment that was right around the corner from The Stevens Motel, I decided to check it out online. I have stayed there 2 times now and have had a great and safe experience on both occasions. The owners and staff are super friendly, the rooms (although maybe not the most updated) are immaculately clean and I felt safe and more then comfortable. In fact had one of the best nights sleep I have ever had on the road. I will never stay any where else again!!! Give it a try, you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Amy S
Porland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have been staying at the Stevens Motel for more than 12 years. It is always immaculate which is not always true of the best of chain hotels. The staff is wonderful and friendly. They upgraded the beds and they are as comfortable as at any hotel at which we stay (and we stay way too many nights a year outside of State College). The WiFi works well and the TV selection is the best of any place that we have ever stayed. All in all, it is a great place to stay and I recommend it without reservation!!! Try it, you will love it!!! Last time we were there we had mechanical difficulties with our car and we even got great recommendations about the best mechanics to try in State College.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JEMRNJD
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have been coming to the State College area for several years now to hike and to visit with friends and each time I was planning a visit, I tried to get in to the Stevens Motel - but they were always booked. This time, I chose a non-football game weekend and was rewarded with a very nice experience. The beds were extremely comfortable, the room was spotless, the location was perfect for our needs. There were actually more electrical outlets than I expected, necessary in today's world of traveling with a child. I did laugh at my 8 year old grandson's first attempt to use bar soap. As we prepare to leave today, knowing that there is a race going on in town, I have complete confidence that we will be able to bypass the traffic since this hotel is close but not right in town. I will definitely make the effort to try to make a reservation early enough again to get in this hotel.

Oh, one more thing, as a lifetime Phillies fan, all I can say to the owners is - there is always next year!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jan L
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Stevens is a cute time capsule of a motel just 1 mile from Penn State University. Its hosts are genial, the room decor is quaint "1950's motor inn" and eat-off-the-floor clean, the location is near some really great restaurants, and the price is reasonable. This is strictly a motel, so don't go looking for breakfast buffets, swimming pools, or exercise centers. There are only 12 rooms, so reserve early! For what this property is, it's worth the trip!

Room Tip: Room #9 has a nice queen bed and is far enough away from the office and main road. Shhhh... quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank rossklav
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had the opportunity to stay here this past weekend as our daughter was attending camp at PSU. We had read the reviews and quite frankly were tired of the overpriced, inattentive service provided by the chain hotels. Our family had been in the motel business years back in Wildwood NJ so we had a real good understanding of what it takes to compete in todays world against the "Davids" of the world. We'll let us just say, Jeff and his staff at the Stevens motel have achieved and surpassed this feat. Rooms were spotless as other reviewers have noted, Wi-Fi exceptional, A/C chilling to say the least, and best of all the friendliness and courtesy of the staff far exceeded anything in today's industry. Old school, great product, great service , great location and EXCEPTIONAL Value made us a long term customer!!! Thanks Jeff !!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank OffWeGo1023
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at the Steven's Motel Feb 22nd, 2013 and I have to say it's very very comfortable and worth it !

The room was very clean - the shower was outstanding and the bed was clean ! The motel was apparently booked for the night but it was very quiet...couldn't heard a peep all night !!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo