We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express during a trip to Penn State for a college audition. We reserved two doubles but when we got there,we were informed that we had been "upgraded" to a King with pullout sofa. I had seen them for the same price when I made the reservation so I know it was not really an upgrade. They had at least 2 high school groups there and needed the doubles. But, it was not that big of a deal.
The hotel on tbe outside was beautiful. The hallways and rooms were nice and reasonably clean.The beds were ok but the pillows were not the greatest. My biggest complaint was breakfast. They were obviously not prepared for the school groups. No sausage and the eggs were cold and runny. Many other items were out. That being said, I have travelled with school groups and know it can be challenging.
For the price we paid, it was a decent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel at Williamsburg Square. This friendly, award winning hotel is located just off Interstate 99/ U.S. 220 (322 bypass) minutes from downtown State College and in the heart of Centre County, PA. Visiting Penn State? Situated only 5 minutes from the Main Campus of Penn State, Beaver Stadium and the Bryce Jordan Center. The hotel is also located near South Hills Business School in State College and Juniata College in Huntington. Visiting a customer or other local business? The Colonnade Shopping Center, located close to the hotel, includes such stores as Target, Michael's, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods and Wegman's Grocery store. Hungry? We are a 2-5 minute stroll from Outback, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse restaurants. We are also a short drive from Accu-Weather, Raytheon, Chemcut, ARRIS, Schoolwires and PMG. Our hotel offers all the services a business traveler needs for a productive visit including free high-speed Internet! Visiting for leisure? Nestled in the heart of Lion Country, it would be our pleasure to have you as our guest while you are attending the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts, Peoples Choice Festival, Centre County Grange Fair or Bellefonte Art and Crafts Fair. Visiting for an Athletic Event? We are closely located to all the main sporting venues at Penn State University, the McCoy Natatorium, Recreation Hall and the Indoor Track. We are also minutes away from the State College Area High School, Bellefonte Area High School and Hess Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express @ Williamsburg Square, State College Hotel State College
- Holiday Inn State College
- State College Holiday Inn