“nice accomodations, convenient location”

Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 March 2013

There was an uncharacteristically long line to check in yet the staff was so efficient were able to keep things moving nicely. One of the nearby restaurants had brought appetizers for the lobby, and the hotel offered a discount if we wanted to dine there. This was a business trip so it was important to have good internet speed in the room and a comfortable bed. I think it is smart this hotel has showers which are much more convenient than bathtubs. There are a lot of good things going on here and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Boomerang025,

I greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad you felt your checkin process was efficient despite the large amount of guests waiting. Our goal is to provide the best experience to every guest that stays with us. I am happy to see we achieved that goal with you. I hope you will be able to stay with us in the future for either business or leisure. Thank you!

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We were just staying one night because it was close to where our daughter had a volleyball tournament. The rooms were clean, the continental breakfast was good and the service was pleasant and accommodating. I would stay here again and recommend it to other travelers. We arrived around 10PM on a Friday and left out early Saturday morning so we didn't get a chance to use any of the facilities. So I can really rate anything else. I will say that about two weeks later we stayed at a Comfort Inn in Blairsville, PA and this place put the Comfort Inn to shame.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Pefinpa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your short visit. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will have the opportunity in the future to stay with us again and enjoy all the amenities we offer. I will be sure to share your positive thoughts with our staff.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Holiay Inn Express in State College, PA. Although we only stayed one night (4 rooms), we we treated like we stayed there every weekend. Felica, the front desk person was extremely helpful. We called the night before to ask for the 4 rooms to be together, Felica took the time to make sure that this happened. She also made sure we had everything we needed. Special thanks also goes out to Linda, the breakfast person. She was extremely helpful and friendly. She went out of her way to ask the kids if everything was good and what else she could do for them. We will certainly stay at this facility in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear Margaret D,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express State College. I am very pleased to hear all of your lovely compliments. I will be sure to share this with Felicia and Linda. I hope you will be able to visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel offered clean rooms, nice amenities. The staff was helpful and courteous from reservations, front desk and house keeping. They provide coffee and tea 24/7. The breakfast was plentiful. The location was good to near by restaurants, such as Outback, Olive Garden, Texas Road House, and Cracker barrel. There is shopping not far away either. Also close to the stadium and the BJC. So

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor, it was very spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear Paula G,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express @ Williamsburg Square. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always important to know each guest's experience to continuing improving our service. We hope you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Just a few weeks ago I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. What can I say? It was great!! I have never used this site before until the staff told me about it. First off the property is beautiful, I was surprised it was an express. The beds were comfy, made my night sleep very relaxing! The staff is Amazing, Kimberly was very informative and was fast. I was asking her so many questions about the area, I thought I was bugging her! She listened to all my needs and put me in I would say looked like one of your best rooms. Allen was also great, I couldn't imagine working those hours. I couldn't sleep and decided to come down stairs to get some of the things I forgot in the middle of the night. He was friendly, and was able to get me everything I needed. Breakfast was good, enjoyed all the hot food! I will be staying here again when I am here to visit family. I enjoyed my stay. Everyone should stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear John E,

Thank you for taking the time to express your lovely compliments! I will be sure to forward this to the staff and especially the team members you mentioned. We appreciate your business and strive to deliver the best experience while staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Quick check-in, polite staff, clean well stocked room, plenty of close parking, comfortable, easy check-out. I didn't need much for this fast trip, and this hotel gave me more than I needed. I hadn't realized that this was part of a massive hotel complex... they all looked more or less the same quality, but if I went back, I would be fine staying at the HIE again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear DSDC,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us during your visit to State College! We strive to provide the best service and comfort. We hope you have an opportunity to stay with us in the future and see all the highlights of State College!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

When I walked into this hotel "opulent" was the only word I could think of to describe the lobby and breakfast area. Absolutely gorgeous! The man that checked my mom and I in was extremely friendly and nice! I believe his name was Alex. We got upto the room and it was also very nice. I work at an IHG hotel and therefore wasnt overly upset when we had problems in the room. If anything I kept thinking thankfully it was me and not someone else who would get really upset. My mom and I had several problems which we told the Front Desk Clerk and he kept apologizing and I said "Im just glad it happened to me and not someone else" My mom didnt feel the same but she got over it. ;o) The Front Desk Clerk said he would let a supervisor know of the problems and to let him know if we have any other problems.
Despite the problems we both enjoyed our stay and will be returning next month. The location of the hotel is ideal with lots of shopping and restaurants closeby.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. I would like to discuss any issues you had in your room personally. Please feel free to email me your contact information at tcraig@shanercorp.com. I am very pleased to hear you will be returning next month as well. I would love to meet you and thank you personally during your next visit. Thank you again. I hope to hear from you soon!