“Great location and facilities but...”

Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great location and facilities but...”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great location, great main facilities, great room layout but the sheets were like starch filled sandpaper and two doubles in a room that big, cmon folks its 2013 the queen size bed does exist for nearly the same cost.

• Stayed November 2013
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Pizboin,

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry the sheets on your bed were rough. Be assured I will be speaking with my Executive Housekeeper about this issue. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope you will consider us again in the future. Please let me know if I can be any assistance. Have a great week.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chambersburg, PA
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express was very accommodating. Employees helpful and rooms clean. Like the outside of bathroom sink but did miss the refrigerator. Great hotel for the value! Great access to good shops and restaurants!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Bookrep87,

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. Thanks again and I hope to you'll stay with us on your next trip to State College. Have a good week.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was a great site for our conference!! It was convenient and easy to get to! There were a couple restaurant options close which was nice as well. Can't beat free breakfast (and it was really good!)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Aysenu,

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope your confenece went well. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor, your feedback is appreciated. Have a good week.
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have a daughter at Penn State and have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It is always clean and the staff very friendly. We have a number of choices to stay but prefer this HI due to its ease in getting to the campus and literally anything we want to do. We will be back in possibly February and then in May and will look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Rob,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I hope your daughter is having a good semester and we'll look forward to seeing you in February. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future. Have a good week.
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We do a lot of traveling, business and pleasure. This is our favorite! Beautifully decorated, very attentive staff and the feeling like we are home when we are in State College. Also, love the fact that coffee is always available! Thank you friendly staff and management for never having to be concerned about our accommodations, as we know they will always be first class.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol W
Morning Carol,

Thank you for the wonderful review on trip advisor, I'm so glad you enjoy staying with us. It's actually our pleasure to have you as a guest, and if you ever need anyting in the future please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thanks for staying smart!
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels and about half of them are Holiday Inn Express. Usually stay at this one 2 times a year with the last time being in September 2013.

As far as Holiday Inn Express, this is one of my favorites. Lobby and common areas are always clean. Rooms are spacious , the location is convenient to Penn State University, and there are a few restaurants close by. Staff is always courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank A P
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear AP,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your last stay with us, and I really appreciate you taking time to write a review about us on Trip Advisor. I will certanly share your comments with my staff and if there is anything I can do for you in the future don't hesitate to reach out to me. Safe travels.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel while my daughter played at Pn State Golf Tournament. Upon returning home I realized I left my favorite jeans and belt in the dresser. Ben the GM came to my rescue and they are back with me. Thanks so much.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Pat P
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Pat P,

I'm so glad I was able to make the return of your favorite jeans and belt a smooth transition. I'm sure you can imagine the amount of lost and found we run into as my staff does their best to return as many things to people as possible. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you in the future.