“Good Location - Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
Danbury, Connecticut
“Good Location - Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Overall a nice place to stay. Convenient to the interstate and college campus. Nice selection of restaurants in the complex and the area.

Hotel staff was very pleasant and accomidating. The only issue I experienced was with the heating system. Either on or off. No fan speed selection and when on, it overtook the TV volume. Not very good for a snooze...

I would stay at this location again. Clean, friendly and a good value.

Room Tip: South end of building provides quick exit to neighboring restaurants.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Jack A,

Thanks for your review of our property, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back the next time your in State College. Have a good week.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The room was spacious. The staff was friendly. The shower head attached to the hose did not remain up so showering was not easy. The water was cold for the third shower in our room. I removed the couch pillow and under the pillow, the area was dirty and there were some food crumbs. Bed was too small for 2 people but good pillow with choice of firm and soft. WiFi code was not readily available. The hot breakfast was good and there were plenty of choices including make your own pancakes.

Room Tip: We were close to elevators and ice machine. I thought it would be noisy but it was fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear AGC34,

I just read your review of our property, and wanted to offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you ran into during your stay with us. My staff and I do our best to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and apparently we fell a bit short. If you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to call me at 814-867-1800. Thank you for your review, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I booked a 4 night stay at this particular hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. It is located conveniently by a major highway and many restaurants are within a couple of miles. Upon check in I left them know there may be a chance I need to leave early based on issues at work. The front desk associate said everything would be okay and I could even get a late check out if needed. I asked for a high floor room and was given a room on the 4th floor that was very clean and well appointed. I did end up leaving early the next day. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly and the location is excellent. If I have one complaint would be that the grounds were not kept well by the snow removal company. The north east corridor has had a rough winter so some snow is expected but much of the parking lot was still not plowed and the side walks were still covered in snow when I left at 1 pm even though it had stopped snowing hours earlier.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Afternoon Robbi4729,

I will definitley agree with you regarding all the snow we have gotten, my apologies that our snow removal folks were unable to clear the lots in a timely manner. I know that they have been working as hard as they can to do so. My team works hard to make sure our guests enjoy their stay with us, and I'm happy to hear that you did. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to State College. Have a good weekend.
Northeastern PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been to State College many times over the past 4 years but this was the first time we stayed at this property. Given the top TA reviews we expected to leave fully pleased but apparently we caught them on a bad weekend. Good news is a good location, the room was clean, and the staff was very friendly. The bed was comfortable but needed another cover (friendly front desk took care of that). Problem was they had some sort of hot water problem so the best we could get was "lukewarm" on the first morning and "cold" on the more crowded second morning. Others we talked to at breakfast had the same experience There was no communication of a problem but when asked about it the second morning the desk clerk could only say "we are working on it." I understand problems can occur but to let the problem continue for two days and not issue some proactive communication or remediation to guests is not going to secure my next trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BenJellison, Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear B_and_D_PA,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us. I can assure you that this is not a common occurance at our property, and not something that you should expect to encounter while staying with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at (814)-867-9831 at your convenience, if you would like to discuss this further.
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Like that they give WiFi for free and it is decent. Good morning breakfast and they start early enough for all people. Staff are friendly and with it all the time. Good location to multiple restaurants. Good job.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BenJellison, Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Timothy E, We greatly apreciate you taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff was able to surpass your expectations. Our convenient location is certainly a perk for many travelers. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Happy Valley. Take care.
Baldwinsville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

The whole experience was extremely pleasant, the staff was very accommodating, the rooms were/are well maintained and very clean, and the breakfast was a great start to the day. I would higly recommend this hotel to any traveler who plans on staying in the State College area!

Room Tip: All rooms are good, no tip needed, stay here and you will be happy you did
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Petey31, Thank you for taking the time to write a response and share your feedback in regards to your stay with us this past weekend. We strive to provide each of our guests with the best service and a pleasant stay while at our property. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the service and also that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast we offer. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you're back in State College. Have a good day.
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

After reading some reviews on this hotel, i was skeptical going in, but the proof was in the pudding. This is an excellent hotel in a great location with many dining options.

First, some reviews reflected negatively on this hotel but our room was extremely clean, very spacious as compared to many chain hotels which give you the squeeze (country inns famous for this), we had a 2 double room that was very spacious and laid out well. Breakfast was good and dining room was very spacious - we even brought some sandwiches in there and had plenty of room w/big screen tvs and fireplace available.

Location - some say that this location is too far from PSU, but there are very few options right next to the campus. We were 5 minutes max from the campus, which was no big deal, and there are multiple dining options for when you arrive back (cracker barrel, texas roadhouse where we had an excellent steak, outback, olive garden) and all were walking distance away.

This all added up to a very relaxing stay at a fine hotel, and i am very picky with these things.

Room Tip: we asked for adjoining room to be w/family and were very well accommodated by the staff. Rooms may...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear s eve e,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take great pride in our hotel and the level of service that we offer, and we are certainly glad to hear that you were pleased that our property and service surpassed your expectations. Ensuring that our guests have a positive experience with us is our top priority! Thanks again for the kind words, I will be sure to share them with my staff. We would love to have you stay with us again next time you're in the area. Take care.