First let me say, I am an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member (used to be Priority Club) and, so I try to stay at IHG hotels when I can. Rarely have anything negative to say about them. Here's one time I have to. If you book here avoid a room on the first floor, especially one near the side door. Our room was extremely drafty. Sitting on the potty you had to put towels under the door or it would blow right up you-know-where. Yikes! Could not quite figure out where all the draft was coming from (not the window). Since it was extremely cold during our visit to State College, we cranked the heat a bit to compensate for the draft. As a result we alternated from chilly to hot depending on when the heat kicked in. Another negative was the extraordinarily low/short toilet. (To keep this a family evaluation, I won't describe how that feels. Again, yikes!) Maybe we got a room especially for children or very short people.) Really Holiday Inn should get a normal sized commode in there quick. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking hotel and the bed was terrific, lots of room and perfectly clean. Nice lobby. Nice reception at the desk. Even got a few extra points when I told them about the drafty room. So i give them 3 stars (could have been less).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel at Williamsburg Square. This friendly, award winning hotel is located just off Interstate 99/ U.S. 220 (322 bypass) minutes from downtown State College and in the heart of Centre County, PA. Visiting Penn State? Situated only 5 minutes from the Main Campus of Penn State, Beaver Stadium and the Bryce Jordan Center. The hotel is also located near South Hills Business School in State College and Juniata College in Huntington. Visiting a customer or other local business? The Colonnade Shopping Center, located close to the hotel, includes such stores as Target, Michael's, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods and Wegman's Grocery store. Hungry? We are a 2-5 minute stroll from Outback, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse restaurants. We are also a short drive from Accu-Weather, Raytheon, Chemcut, ARRIS, Schoolwires and PMG. Our hotel offers all the services a business traveler needs for a productive visit including free high-speed Internet! Visiting for leisure? Nestled in the heart of Lion Country, it would be our pleasure to have you as our guest while you are attending the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts, Peoples Choice Festival, Centre County Grange Fair or Bellefonte Art and Crafts Fair. Visiting for an Athletic Event? We are closely located to all the main sporting venues at Penn State University, the McCoy Natatorium, Recreation Hall and the Indoor Track. We are also minutes away from the State College Area High School, Bellefonte Area High School and Hess Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express @ Williamsburg Square, State College Hotel State College
- Holiday Inn State College
- State College Holiday Inn