“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”

Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Clean, comfy rooms. Friendly, accomodating staff. Great location! Many restaurants walking distance from hotel! Close to University Park! Kim at the front desk always greeted me with a smile and was very professional! Thanks for making my home away from home for several weeks a great one!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynn B
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Lynn B,

Thank you for the wonderful review and I'm glad we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. I hope you are having a good week, and can't wait to have you as a return guest in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a great stay here for a couple of day. If you're like me and looking for a clean room with a comfortable bed then you can't go wrong with the Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed at several, and the properties are all relatively new and in good shape. This one even had a marble floor in the lobby. The room was nice, granite counters in the bath, with matching tops on the tables in other rooms.
After a long day, and a very bad week, Kim checked me in and was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Beefyguy
Dear Beefyguy,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make you comfortable after a long week. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor and I hope you will stay with us again in the future. Cheers
Paxinos, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Kim was her name and let me say that when I got to the hotel I could not find any rooms online. She checked in house to she if any rooms were open and had one. I took it. She was accomadating and understanding while I looked for my corp code discounts on my cell phone., she never rushed me and handled everyone at the front desk with the utmost care. I would say she was the best attendant I ever had meet at the front desk. Kudos to her!!! and also the hotel had food very close(walking distance) the rooms are very clean and even thou it was the atrs fest weekend it was very quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Andrew B,

I'm glad to hear that Kim took good care of you, and I will be sure to share your comments with her. Thanks for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us and I hope to see you back soon. Take care.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

First, let me commend Ben for his outstanding customer service at check-in. He went above and beyond to ensure we had the best experience while staying at the HIE. I normally stay at another hotel in the area when visiting PSU, but it was booked this weekend for Arts Fest, so I booked here. I can say that the HIE will be our new place to stay when visiting from now on. The location is perfect, with at least 3 chain restaurants within walking distance and a 2.5 mile easy drive from PSU. The room was very clean and well maintained, with comfortable beds. Parking was a breeze, with plenty of parking spaces. Added bonus of staying here was the included Continental breakfast which was still stocked up and hot at 0930am. We will be definitely staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Claire Z,

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you will be back the next time your in the area. I will definatly let Ben know he did a great job and thank you for letting us know how we did. Have a good week.
Fenwick Island, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Kim at the front desk was so accommodating, very good at her job! Room was nice, shower stall just ok. Would rather the tub shower. Overall, beds comfy and breakfast was good, as it usually is. Hotel was hard to find, it was behind restaurants. If not for GPS I would have missed it.

• Stayed July 2014
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear MarandDon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and share your stay experience with others. I'm glad to hear that Kim took good care of you and I'll be sure to pass on your comments to her. Hopefully on your next trip to our area you'll stay with us again. Cheers.
Pitman, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I came here one week because HIE Altoona was full. I've never gone back. Hotel is very nice, comfortable and clean. Never had a mproblem with any of the rooms I've stayed in. Kim is always friendly and gets me checked in quickly and easily.

Room Tip: There aren't any bad rooms. I've stayed on all floors and all kinds of rooms (suite, King, Q...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ponch M,

I'm very glad to hear you enkoy staying with us and I'll be sure to give Kim your feedback, I know she'll be excited to hear she did a good job. Thank you for taking the time to share your expereince with others. Have a good week.
BLANDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, location is easy to access highways and campus, but quiet, didn't hear any traffic at night. We were there for the Central PA 4th Fest. It would have been nice if the hotel offered shuttle to the event, as there were others there for the same event, but it was an 8-10 minute drive to Beaver Stadium. We did as reception about any pizza delivery, and she said "maybe Papa Johns"....we instead searched online and found a few delivery places open late and used them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jennifer H,

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I hope you enjoyed the 4th fest and the fire works as they are always awesome to watch. Hope your having a a great week.