“Not your typical Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

When you walk in you know that it's different. The décor is beautiful and the personnel that work there are very nice. Rooms are very nicely decorated and you definitely get more than your money's worth......unusually surprising.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Monika H
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Monika H,

Thnak you for your nice review of our property and I'm glad you liked our lobby and hotel decor. Our owner is very dedicated and does his best to make sure the property is well maintaned. I hope you will stay with us again if your ever back in the area. Have a good week.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A fantastic place. Feels elegant. Spacious room with nice furniture. Everything seems new and solid. The beds were very comfortable, and there are various nice touches, for instance an extra sink with well-lit mirror in the room (that is, in addition to the bathroom sink) and high-quality bedding, including the most comfortable hotel pillows we've encountered. The shower is unusually large, and indeed the bathroom is large and attractive. The sizable breakfast room—again, like the place as a whole—is up to the standards of a very nice hotel, and the offerings include almost anything you could want for breakfast. Eggs, sausage, French toast, fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins, sweet rolls, oatmeal, creamed beef on biscuits, and so on. And a very nice, helpful staff as well. The gentleman at check-in (forgot the name--began with G, the evening of July 26) was a professional and kind person—again, fantastic. Located in an attractive complex. The only possible small drawback for some would be that the beds are double, not queen.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Delaware720,

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the kind review on Trip Advisor. My staff and I work hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay and I'm glad we were able to accomplish that goal for you. We'll look forward to seeing you again in the future, take care.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here on our way to drop kids off to their camps. It was a nice place to stay, plenty of room. Location is good, close to places to shop and eat. My son and I looked at what they were serving for breakfast and he choose to go somewhere else to eat. But, it looked good. I liked seeing the french toast sticks, thought that was different.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Chubee01,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. Hopefully on your next visit to our area you'll stay again and maybe have some breakfast :). Have a good week.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My son and I were traveling from Michigan to NYC and as part of our road trip plan, found a half way (almost) point in State College, PA to spend the night. We chose the Holiday Inn Express based on prior experiences with their properties, which has always been above par. Kim was working the desk when we checked in, and she just went above and beyond in asking what brought us to State College (which is home to Penn State), suggesting places we may want to check out on campus, taking out a map and highlighting routes around town, things to see, places to eat. Kim, if you read this, thanks for being so helpful :) The property looks and feels brand new - I continue to be impressed with how Holiday Inn continues to evolve and strengthen their brand through hotels like this one. The breakfast blew me away - typically a continental offering is fruit, bagels, and mini cereal boxes. But they had omelets (!), hash browns, bacon, freshly cooked cinnamon buns, along with cereal, fruit and oatmeal. Again, much more than I expected. If we travel through/to State College again, this will be the place that I stay and more importantly, Holiday Inn will continue to be my first choice at this price point.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear jeffames,

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Kim was able to make a difference in your stay. Be assured I will pass on your comments to her as she has been doing a great job for us. Hopefully we will see you again, maybe on your next trip roadtrip. I hope you enjoyed NYC, and thanks for the feedback and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Have a good week.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is well located, clean and in excellent condition. I have stayed here on a number of occasions and it is my first choice when going to the area. I would and have recommended this hotel to my friends that are traveling in the area

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Tsaulsberry,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us and letting us know how we did. I'll be sure to pass your comments onto Kim as I know she'll be excited to hear the feedback. Hope your having a good week, and enjoy your weekend.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Clean, comfy rooms. Friendly, accomodating staff. Great location! Many restaurants walking distance from hotel! Close to University Park! Kim at the front desk always greeted me with a smile and was very professional! Thanks for making my home away from home for several weeks a great one!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynn B
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Lynn B,

Thank you for the wonderful review and I'm glad we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. I hope you are having a good week, and can't wait to have you as a return guest in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a great stay here for a couple of day. If you're like me and looking for a clean room with a comfortable bed then you can't go wrong with the Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed at several, and the properties are all relatively new and in good shape. This one even had a marble floor in the lobby. The room was nice, granite counters in the bath, with matching tops on the tables in other rooms.
After a long day, and a very bad week, Kim checked me in and was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Beefyguy

Dear Beefyguy,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make you comfortable after a long week. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor and I hope you will stay with us again in the future. Cheers