“Older but still very nice”

Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We have stopped and stayed here on numerous occasions when we travel north and back home. The property has aged some and it appears that there have been some improvements made over the years. The AC was great !! It is a good value particularly if you are a member of the IHG rewards program. It is very convenient a minute off of the Interstate and very close to a major mall shopping area. We particularly enjoy shopping at the Wegmans Food Store. It is within walking distance to several brand named restaurants. The staff is very professional and seem to go out of their way to see to your needs.

Room Tip: not certain
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear kenatofc, Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the kind words about my staff, I will certainly share your thoughts with them! We appreciate you being an IHG Rewards Member and a loyal customer with us and I am happy to hear you were pleased with your stay. We always try to keep our hotel fresh and up to date so that guests have the most pleasant experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again! Have a good weekend!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is exactly what you expect from HIE. Very nice shower. Only problem is that the pillows labeled firm were exactly the same as the pillows labeled firm. Minor but annoying. Overall good solid lodging.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Capnpitt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. My apologies on the HK staff mixing up the pillows, I'll make sure to let them know about that. I hope you'll stay with us again if your back in our area. Have a good week.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

First time staying at this particular hotel in State College and just for one night (moving my kid into an apt and didn't want to sleep on his floor). Check in was great -- the desk clerk even found my correct Rewards Club number and charged my points. The only thing I have a bit of a beef with is the fact that they jack the price up during the week before and during Move-in at Penn State, but I'm used to that (even though it's still not right)

Room was very nice and very clean, except for the bit of mold in the shower (gotta fix that, guys!)...since I was only there for one night, I could live with it.

I will say this -- the bed, and the pillows, were the most comfortable I have slept on at any hotel in a long time. Usually hotel beds are like sleeping on concrete -- these were nice (I would, however, like a duvet that actually covered the entire bed rather than just up to my shoulders. Oh well) Air conditioner was also good -- not as noisy as other hotels.

Didn't have time to take advantage of the free breakfast, but it did look good.

All in all, not a bad stay - I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen J
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear EllenJ,

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your dtay with us, and I hope on your next visit you can enjoy our breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay and I appreciate the feedback. Hope your having a good weekend.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Very nice hotel , one of the best holiday inn express I ever stay. If you are visiting the university , I would recommend this hotel to you. The only not good is wifi is kind of slow inside the room, but works good at the lobby.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Tommyyam,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will stay with us again if your ever back in our area. Have a nice week.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here last weekend while visiting Penn State with my sons. During breakfast Linda, who was working in the lobby area saw that I was having difficulties carrying everything upstairs to my family-coffees, buns,cereal etc. She stopped what she was doing and offered to help carry my coffees upstairs for me while i handled the rest. I couldn't believe it! She asked another employee at the desk to cover the area for her and up we went. Later on that day, while we were on our way home, my son realized that he had left his cell phone in the room. I called the front desk and Navi helped to arrange the shipping of the phone to my home through UPS. What a great staff!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Cheerios47,

I'm so glad we were able to return your sons cell phone to you and that Linda was very helpful in breakfast. I will makes sure both staff members are recognized for their efforts in our weekly meeting. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Have a good week

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Our room was a nice size. No view, but the hotel is located in a square within walking distance to restaurants. A wonderful breakfast buffet was included. The staff was very friendly. Would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewering,

Thank you for the feedback and I appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make a good impression. We'll look forward to seeing you as a return guest. Take care.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a great place to stay for a quick night. The hotel is nicely decorated and the room was very spacious and comfortable. It is in a great location, very close to many restaurants, shops, and the Penn State campus. The free hot breakfast was also very good and was a great way to start the day with a very nice selection of items. The staff was very friendly and I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear sam0616,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you as a return guest in the future. Have a good week.