“Good Mongolian BBQ, With No Surprises”

Chen's Mongolian Buffet
Ranked #39 of 248 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: Mongolian
Description: Zip:16801
Description: Zip:16801
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Traditional Mongolian BBQ --- select items from a buffet line, pile the plate high with protein, starches, and vegetables, select a stir fry sauce, and the servers will return your meal to you once it has been cooked on the circular grill. Snack on quick-made sushi rolls while you wait for your meal to be delivered, and you can return to the buffet to select your ingredients as many times as you want. Good healthy options (be careful of which sauces you select), and tasty outcomes.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had never been to this style restaurant. An all you can eat buffet where you pick the ingredients, spices and sauces and the food is cooked and brought to you. I totally enjoyed the experience and would love it if this type restaurant opened in my area.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Enjoyed the dinner buffet at Chen's. The cost was $11.25 per person but we did have a coupon from a booklet in the HUB at Penn State. A wide assortment of fresh vegetables, meat and starches to be stir fried by the chefs at Chen's. The salad bar was minimal but the stir fry very good.
I give Chen's a solid 4 rating

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

The choice of food for you to make your own stir fry is awesome. There are many vegetables, noodles, and meat to choose from. The plus side is you get not only choose the type of meat but how much.
This was our first visit and they were very willing to help us and gave is a tour or the food and procedure to get the best experience.
The bathrooms were very clean and I find that makes a difference for me as well.
The service was a little slow but there is a salad bar to help if you are too hungry to wait for your food to be cooked.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

For the #3 ranked restaurant in State College this place should have been amazing. I went to a similar style place in Chicago and Fort Wayne, Indiana (FlatTops) so I knew what I was going to be getting. Like all of the other reviews, there are veggies, different kids of meat, and about 12 sauces to choose from. You make your own bowl of what you want and they cook it. Server was okay, but it took forever to have the food come out. There was one person that was cooking during lunch hour. When I got my food, it was alright. Nothing great. Nothing terrible. Just average. Price was alright; $7.50 or so for lunch. There was egg drop and wanton soup that you could get also. There was also a cold bar that included some fruit, jello, etc. Again nothing special. You get what you pay for I guess.