Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clean and quite, Great Staff. Highly recommended this hotel. They started the breakfast early for the soccer teams that had a early game. Great for family stay. We are planning to stay again here next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area), responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We appreciate your comments, i am glad you had a great stay while staying with us. We do an extensive Breakfast Buffet, we are glad that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you next year and feel free to call Ashley in our Sales Office and she will be happy to work with you to accommodate your group.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hi, Whenever in need of a place to stay, please consider the Country inns & Suites. The place is spotless, the staff is very accommodating, and the room we stayed in was just right. There were 2 of us and we each had our own Queen Size comfy bed! The rooms are also equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave. And if this wasn't all, a complimentary breakfast is offered. A terrific variety of foods at this self-serve breakfast is a great way to start your day. Lemonade is flowing all day as well as a coffee and tea station with wonderful gooey cookies and bananas! The staff, again, couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. We had a wonderful stay and i know you will too! Please consider the Country Inns & Suites. You won't be disappointed. I bet on it! :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area), responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

I am glad you had a great staying at our hotel! The entire team takes great pride in providing a great experience to all of our guests. During the warm weather we do provide complimentary lemonade and in the winter we will switch over hot chocolate or warm cider (as long as it is available) Warm cookies are available every day and all day long. Whenever you are visiting State College again, we hope to see you and we will give you the same service again

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Country Inn & Suites in State College, PA is definitely the place you want to stay if you are visiting the Penn State area. The hotel is new and very well maintained. My room was spacious, very clean and I got a good nightly rate. They have free wifi, an indoor pool, a spa and a fitness center. They also offer a free breakfast. However, those are just the basics. The main reason that this is a great place to stay is the staff. The people working at this hotel are not only friendly, polite, professional and very well trained, but they really do care about their customers. I was only staying one night, but they made me feel important and well looked after from the moment I walked in. Although this was a busy weekend for them, shortly after I got to my room I received a call from the front desk checking to make sure everything was ok. This impressed me. What impressed me even more was when members of the housekeeping staff knocked on my door (without being called). They wanted to make sure that they had filled my request for pillows without feathers (submitted with my online reservation, and not mentioned at check-in). I do not often see this kind of attention to detail when I stay at a hotel, but apparently, it is an ordinary thing at the Country Inn & Suites in State College, PA. I can only imagine the pleasant surprises I would have had if I had stayed for longer than one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

We are the newest hotel in State College.We at the Country Inn & Suites take tremendous pride in providing the best service every day to all of our guests. I am sorry you had a short stay this time, on your next trip please plan to spend a few days and enjoy the facility but more importantly enjoy the community that we all live and work in. We Are Penn State. We look forward to seeing you soon. Safe travels

Reviewed 3 August 2014

At 07:00 there was no hot water in the room. We had booked two nights but did not stay a second. The manager was quite rude and made no attempt to compensate for the issue. I will never stay at one of these hotels again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 66th0mash

We are very sorry that you did not have an opportunity to enjoy a nice hot shower. I have personally spoken to the Manger on Duty and counselled him on how to address issues like yours. We normally do not have any issues related to hot water as we have a large enough capacity to replenish the usage. We did have a large group of young adults staying at the hotel that where going out to play soccer that morning and that could have been the reason. However, I do apologize for the inconvenience. We would appreciate if you would give us another opportunity to provide the service that we usually deliver every day to all of our guests. We do look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent at the State College Country Inns & Suites. The rooms were big enough to move around in comfortably, the bathrooms were also big. Our room had a refrigerator that was already cold and the beds were comfortable. We will definitely stay there again when we're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When I arrived at the hotel I had prompt and courteous service at the front desk and received a welcome bag with info on the hotel a bottle of water and a snack pack of Oreos. About 45 minutes after checking someone from the hotel called me to make sure my room was good and to see if there was anything else that I needed. The room was large and clean! Fridge, microwave, and free wifi. Breakfast was good. Large dining room that was clean. Plenty of breakfast options. I was very impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

What a wonderful hotel. The front desk, the room, the price - all absolutely terrific! I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay at Country Inn next time through State College. By the way, the included free breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family