Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Attended a college-search function at PSU with family. Chose this hotel because it was only one in area to offer 2 queen-sized beds. Clean, convenient to PSU, polite staff, quiet stay. Only stayed one night so didn't use pool or gym. Wifi speed could be improved. I would stay at this location again when visiting PSU.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Patty Donley M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area), responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

We are the newest hotel in the State College and continue to keep our property clean and new. We, here at the Country Inn & Suites take tremendous pride in providing the best service every day to all of our guests. I am sorry to hear that you were here for only an overnight stay, on your next trip please plan to spend a few days and enjoy the facility but more importantly enjoy the community that we all live and work in. We Are Penn State! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I just stayed at the hotel for several days. Our room was ready early and very comfortable. The beds are great. The staff were very friendly during our trip and took time to talk to us anytime we came by the desk. The hotel was quiet and very well kept so it is definitely a relaxing place to stay. It was nice to get free wi-fi.

It was nice to have a free breakfast to start the day. There was also cookies, fruit and coffee available later during the day by the desk. There are many restaurant choices a few minutes away near the college and there is a supermarket not far from the hotel. The airport is very close too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Patty Donley M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area), responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

It was certainly my pleasure to review your comments about our staff and how you enjoyed your stay! We are honored to have a remarkable staff, which go above all for our guests. They always enjoy speaking with the guests and giving their personal recommendations to the guests as to where to dine while in town. Our cookie and coffee bar are a hit with the guest who is looking for a quick snack on the go. We thank you for your business and for choosing Country Inn and Suites.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet, friendly staff. 5-10 min to everywhere I needed to be during an extended stay for a conference. The fridge in the room and included breakfast helped save money overall. Breakfast items weren't anything spectacular... meats were a little greasy and eggs were lukewarm -- but it was nice that there were hot items available. Pool and hot tub area are indoors and kept very clean, a nice way to unwind at the end of the day and felt like a bonus at this price point. Try the brewpub across the street for a good evening meal!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Patty Donley M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area), responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

I it always a pleasure to hear from our guests,especially those who have experienced our hotel for the first time,and enjoyed their stay. We have so much to offer our guests and with our rates being very comparable to other hotels in town, our guests love that we are just a few minutes from Beaver Stadium, Bryce Jordan Center,and even the Penn Sate campus! We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff was nice. I did not use the pool or workout facilities. The breakfast was vey good. The kids in the hotel seemed to enjoy the pool very much. I did not encounter any issues when I was staying here, so I can't comment on the staff fixing issues. The hotel is very close to Penn State campus, which is why we chose is since we were there for a soccer tournament on campus.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area), responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

I am glad you like our elaborate breakfast, there are plenty of options both in hot and cold food.Our indoor pool is heated and it is a great space for the kids to have fun. The hotel is located just a mile from the Penn State campus, easy access to the football stadium and the hockey arena.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clean and quite, Great Staff. Highly recommended this hotel. They started the breakfast early for the soccer teams that had a early game. Great for family stay. We are planning to stay again here next year.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area), responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We appreciate your comments, i am glad you had a great stay while staying with us. We do an extensive Breakfast Buffet, we are glad that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you next year and feel free to call Ashley in our Sales Office and she will be happy to work with you to accommodate your group.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hi, Whenever in need of a place to stay, please consider the Country inns & Suites. The place is spotless, the staff is very accommodating, and the room we stayed in was just right. There were 2 of us and we each had our own Queen Size comfy bed! The rooms are also equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave. And if this wasn't all, a complimentary breakfast is offered. A terrific variety of foods at this self-serve breakfast is a great way to start your day. Lemonade is flowing all day as well as a coffee and tea station with wonderful gooey cookies and bananas! The staff, again, couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. We had a wonderful stay and i know you will too! Please consider the Country Inns & Suites. You won't be disappointed. I bet on it! :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

I am glad you had a great staying at our hotel! The entire team takes great pride in providing a great experience to all of our guests. During the warm weather we do provide complimentary lemonade and in the winter we will switch over hot chocolate or warm cider (as long as it is available) Warm cookies are available every day and all day long. Whenever you are visiting State College again, we hope to see you and we will give you the same service again

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Country Inn & Suites in State College, PA is definitely the place you want to stay if you are visiting the Penn State area. The hotel is new and very well maintained. My room was spacious, very clean and I got a good nightly rate. They have free wifi, an indoor pool, a spa and a fitness center. They also offer a free breakfast. However, those are just the basics. The main reason that this is a great place to stay is the staff. The people working at this hotel are not only friendly, polite, professional and very well trained, but they really do care about their customers. I was only staying one night, but they made me feel important and well looked after from the moment I walked in. Although this was a busy weekend for them, shortly after I got to my room I received a call from the front desk checking to make sure everything was ok. This impressed me. What impressed me even more was when members of the housekeeping staff knocked on my door (without being called). They wanted to make sure that they had filled my request for pillows without feathers (submitted with my online reservation, and not mentioned at check-in). I do not often see this kind of attention to detail when I stay at a hotel, but apparently, it is an ordinary thing at the Country Inn & Suites in State College, PA. I can only imagine the pleasant surprises I would have had if I had stayed for longer than one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

We are the newest hotel in State College.We at the Country Inn & Suites take tremendous pride in providing the best service every day to all of our guests. I am sorry you had a short stay this time, on your next trip please plan to spend a few days and enjoy the facility but more importantly enjoy the community that we all live and work in. We Are Penn State. We look forward to seeing you soon. Safe travels