“Great Hotel”

Penn Stater Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Penn Stater is located at the edge of campus and on a non-football weekend is very quiet. It is too far from main campus for an easy walk, but the hotel provides van services within a 5 mile radius. The rooms are quite attractive and the housekeeping is excellent. The restaurant offers an excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Penn Stater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again at another time.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked 4 nights with the intent to stay in the hotel the entire time. I have stayed at the Penn Stater in the past, and knew this was the only hotel that I could stay in-without leaving in order to concentrate on my task at hand. During my third stay there-just as every other stay many aspects have been consistent. The Penn Stater has a very courteous and professional staff, clean rooms/bathrooms, and great eating options. If you are looking to stay in for a period of time such as I did-the room service is wonderful. The only issue that I had with this particular stay was that since my time ran into a "football weekend" (Penn State's Blue & White Game is in April each year) I could not end my reservation on Friday night-I had to include Saturday night as well. With my task completed and being inside the room for 3 days-I decided to leave that Saturday evening-even though I still had to pay for the room. I was completely satisfied with the room and stay-simply ready to go home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Attended a PSAB Conference from April 5 to April 9 (2014) at the Penn Stater - the first time I had ever been at this facility. I must admit - everything was first class - from the check-in to check-out - and everything in between. The room was very nice sized and very clean as was the bathroom. - large beds, free WIFI (and good connection also). The Housekeeping staff was always pleasant and friendly - enjoyed talking with them. The Legends Restaurant offers excellent food (the Sunday Brunch is very good) - also enjoyed room service and that service was prompt and again, the food delicious. I highly recommend staying at the Penn Stater.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We are so glad that we have had the pleasure of having you here with us - Welcome to The Penn Stater family! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Please know that you are welcome back at any time.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent a night here in preparation for an early flight out the next morning because the hotel is so close to the airport. The accommodations were very adequate for our small family (2 adults, one child). The staff couldn't have been any friendlier. Everyone we worked with, from the front desk to the shuttle drivers, were very polite and accommodating. With just a one night stay, I was able to leave my truck at the hotel while we were away on vacation for a week, saving us a week's worth of parking expenses at the airport. The shuttle driver was ready for us at 5am the day we departed, and a week later when we got back, there was another driver waiting for us in the baggage claim area of the airport when our flight arrived. We scheduled it ahead of time, and they monitored our flight for us, and the whole thing was incredibly seamless.
Overall this was an excellent experience, and I could recommend the Penn Stater to any friends or family who should be visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Penn Stater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We love being able to provide a seamless experience for our guests and to take some of the hassles out of travelling! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and with others. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a very comfortable place but difficult to find your way around. That is due to it being added onto. You tend to have to shift floors to go from your hotel room to location of meetings. But at least you get some exercise. Lots of elevators make this easy and after a day you learn your way around. It is spacious and very open. Great swimming pool & hot tub ! The food was also a nice addition since the weather outside made leaving not the best experience. Great breakfast selection. The Legends Bar & Rest. were a nice touch but always busy. Get a drink and wait.
Beds are fine but seemed short and I'm just 6' tall. Noisy heating system and I learned to set the temp and wait. It took about 30 min for it to get up to speed.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd. floor with a nice view. Everyone I was with said they had great rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Penn Stater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We know that your time is valuable and appreciate you taking a few moments to give others some insight into our property.
Please know that we can customize your preferences, including room locations, for any of your future stays to give you the best experience while you are our guest! We hope to see you again at another time.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed two nights for a conference. Room is OK, but nothing special, although I did like the mini-fridge. The heating unit and fridge were quite noisy, however. The beds are memory foam; I'm glad I was able to "test drive" one, as my husband and I are considering purchasing one. They are quite comfortable, but do reflect quite a bit of body heat. On my first night, I searched the vending areas on 3 floors for a bottle of water, to no avail. On the second night, I had the foresight to purchase one from the hotel restaurant/bar before retiring. By the way, the roasted corn crabcake appetizer in the restaurant was fabulous, and gluten-free! Staff were friendly, and mostly efficient. We encountered several trainees, including one at check-in. She wasn't able to provide directions to the conference center, but another staff jumped in to assist.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Penn Stater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. We always appreciate every opportunity to get better at what we do! Please know that our team is always happy to help you locate anything that you may need during your stay. We hope to have an opportunity to see you at another time!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was our 2nd stay at the Penn Stater Conference Center. My husband and I stayed in a double room and brought our 3 & 5 year old children. The rooms are spacious and clean but getting worn and could use a refurbishing soon. The hotel restaurants are great but crowded on football weekends which slows down service. Check out the Sunday buffet, we love it!

My favorite feature of this hotel is the convenient shuttle service. The shuttle drops you off and picks up during the football games which is great when if have small children that do not last the entire game. The shuttle also takes you downtown, a bonus during busy weekends when it's impossible to find parking or get a cab.

The level of service is fantastic, the hotel is fully staffed and it is very easy to get an answer or assistance in a timely manner. This is true even when the hotel is sold out! We love the staff at the Penn Stater!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family