“Beware FRAUD if you give them your credit card info!”
Review of Autoport

Autoport
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in State College
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beware FRAUD if you give them your credit card info!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The rooms are disgusting. The bathroom was full of centipedes. But that's not the worst of it! I made the mistake of eating in the restaurant on Saturday 6/30. The waitstaff was rude and the service slow. I paid with a bank card/credit card. When I checked my online bank account the following Monday-- they charged me not once but three times in three different amount! I called the Autoport and boy were they UNCONCERNED. They said they'd get right on it. I checked the next day and they had reversed 2 of the 3 charges but they also put 2 MORE NEW CHARGES in my account in yet different amounts. I called again and they were SO LACKADAISICAL and could't understand why I was upset?! I also faxed a letter of complaint. They removed one of the 2 new charges. So I STILL HAVE TWO CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD, neither in the correct amount, and triple what I actually charged. I called again and this time they were rude to me and basically told me to screw off. So I reversed the charges with my bank. I can excuse the first instance as total incompetence but the second time? The only explanation I have for their behavior is fraud. BEWARE FRAUD IF YOU GIVE THE AUTOPORT YOU CREDIT CARD.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
39 Thank vxf111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Please, please,please do yourself a favor and pay attention to the reviews you read about this place. They ARE accurate. I didn't believe it could be as bad as it sounded or was rated but after staying here during Memorial Day weekend, it is TERRIBLE. The rooms are ancient, sheets dirty, the bath towels were worse and the beds.....I don't know what to say. REALLY, it's that bad.

• Stayed May 2013
11 Thank Dev1012

Travellers are raving about these State College hotels

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here for our daughters graduation first weekend in May. Everyone associated with this property needs to be congratulated. They are remodeling, so don't know about all the rooms. We got one of the older rooms, but were pleasantly surprised. From the front desk, to the ladies working on cleaning your rooms, to the restaurant, it seemed that everyone was on the same page, to make our stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. They definitely succeeded. Thanks for giving us a great place to stay at an unbelievable price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank h0meintexas
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have stayed here for the past few years for a reunion. Though they painted the rooms. The wallpaper is peeling, the televisions are a joke and the sort is the moving of the dining area to make a smoking bar. Service was horrible in the dining room. Breakfast great bargain. Inner meal bland and sonot worth the cost.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank TexasGirl78253
Minnesota
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The rooms reminded me of days gone by. 70's carpet, 80's tile and 2012 pricing for a 3 star hotel, all wrapped up in a Motel. The place would benefit from a little updating. We will book at a chain next time we are in town. Happy hour was a bargain. 4 of us had drinks and apps for under $80.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Chad B
Lynnie M, Manager at Autoport, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for choosing the Autoport. Being the first motel in Pennsylvania we do have rooms reminiscent of the days gone by. We appreciate the feedback and would just like to inform you that since the property has had a change of ownership we have slowly, but surely, been updating our guestrooms. Just request a newer room next time and we would be happy to accommodate! While we are disappointed in your decision to choose a chain hotel next time you visit Happy Valley, we hope to see you back at the Port Lounge!
-Autoport Management
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 June 2012

GREAT PLACE TO HAVE WEDDING RECEPTION! Owners and staff were very attentive and accommodating, they went out of their way to make sure my daughters special day was exactly that, SPECIAL. The food was endless and delicious! Waitstaff was very professional and was great with all guest, especailly the small children that were keeping everyone on their toes. The Autoport is a great place to hold an event, fun atmosphere and food is always Yummy! The rooms were clean and rate was affordable Highly recommended by this patron.

Room Tip: rooms in first building are very spacious and close to dining area