Fairfield Inn & Suites State College
US$93
AscendHotels
  • Restaurant
US$113
Sleep Inn(State College)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$71
SleepInn
Rodeway Inn(State College)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$53
RodewayInn
US$89
Comfort Suites Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$89
ComfortSuites
Hampton Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
US$116
Quality Inn(State College)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
QualityInn
Nittany Budget Motel(State College)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$60
Nittany Lion Inn(State College)
US$292
All reviewsotto's restaurantbrew pubfront deskparking lotroom was cleanwafflesfree breakfastnice hotelrecent staya great place to stayhot tubthe breakfast areaeasy accessfresh fruitnice breakfastmy sonfirst floor
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here the weekend of December 7-9, 2013 for my daughter's swim meet.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The indoor pool and hot tub were great for the kids. We had a large group as we were traveling with my daughter's swim team. When a parent informed the staff that the pool area was out of towels the staff replaced the towels quickly. The staff was very patient as the kids ran around the hotel. The maids were helpful if the kids had a question and I observed the staff cleaning the hotel constantly. There is a wonderful restaurant adjacent to the hotel that we were able to visit. My only complaint was the breakfast. They definitely need two waffle makers. The staff was very good about filling up the breakfast items as needed.

Room Tip: There are three floors. Pool/exercise room is on the first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DanielleDaSilva, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Hi Kimi1019,

Thank you for the great review. We are glad to hear that our staff was able to provide you and your daughter's swim team with fantastic service. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to State College!

Thanks again for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

OK, so we've stayed here before and had a good experience. This time around, it didn't quite start out that way. We arrived later in the evening around 10:00pm. I presented my Gold Rewards card and there were no problems locating our reservation. I inquired about availability of a complementary upgrade (a perk for Gold Rewards Marriott members when available) and was immediately informed by the front desk clerk that none were available (without checking the computer or anything). We had a single king-size room and were given an accessible room on the first floor (although we didn't request or need one). The room itself was nice, but the bathroom while it appeared clean had a very strong mildew smell. My wife was willing to let it pass given we were only staying for one night, but it kind of irked me given I've come to expect a certain level of quality when it comes to Marriott properties.

We went out for a late night bite at a local sports bar and returned later in the evening. There was a new person on the desk, so I sent my wife to the room while I engaged the new front desk person in conversation. I explained to her that I was not happy with our room and noted the mildew smell. She offered to immediately move us and I again presently my rewards card. Upon seeing it's gold status she says "well, not only can I move you, but I should be able to upgrade you". This time she checked the computer -- and what do you know -- there''s a single king suite available -- a larger room with a sitting area. Took her a bit to get things switched around, but her effort was very much appreciated and very in line with my expectations for how Marriott treats it's regular customers. She even took time to explain all the hotel features and breakfast times and locations, etc. to insure nothing was missed the first time around.

The new room was clean (although we noted one or two housekeeping items such as a plastic fork left laying in the corner near the TV that would seem to indicate that housekeeping isn't regularly moving the "movable" items in the room to clean vacuum along the wall, etc.), the bathroom was clean with no signs of mildew or mold, and the bed comfortable.

I have several reservations here over the next few months as I'm in the area regularly, and I'll keep them all here for now since the price is right and the location convenient -- in large part due to the excellent service I received from the second desk clerk. But, the property manager should take note of some festering service and cleanliness issues and address them before they become a larger problem -- and motivate people to pick from the ample other locations in the area which have plenty of availability during non-event weekends. If the property manager would like details on the rooms and dates of stay so they can address the specific problem areas, I'll be glad to send them privately.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DanielleDaSilva, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello Lasagna329,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this highly valued feedback. I am disappointing to hear that your recent stay was not up to par. We strive to provide service of the highest standard, and would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations.
I have posted your review so that all departments may address the issues that you experienced during your stay. We would be happy to further investigate these problems, so any additional comments may be sent to me, Danielle DaSilva, at ddasilva@shanercorp.com or our General Manager, Jeff Pugh at jpugh@shanercorp.com.

You can be assured that we will rectify your addressed issues by the time of your future stays.
Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is an older Fairfield Inn that has not been renovated. It is starting to show its age. Our room has mold in the shower and the wall paper was starting to peel. We stayed two nights and on the second day (after first night) we did not get maid service. We thought about staying another night but after talking to the desk clerk it seemed to be a big problem and we needed to talk to the manager the next day. It was not worth the hassle so we checked out as planned. The breakfast is OK as with all Fairfield Inns. The pork sausage is like some kind of cooked cardboard and the eggs are some type of instant with no flavor at all. There are other choices like fresh fruit, waffles and yogurt, I stay here because it is convenient for visiting family. Next door is a great brew pub with great food and several local brewed beers.

Room Tip: visit Otto's next door for good beer and food
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hello Jaxx K!

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valued feed back. I would first like to apologize for any problems you had during your recent stay. I have passed your review along to our housekeeping staff in order to insure that the issues you experienced will not happen again. Our breakfast is a standard Fairfield Inn & Suites breakfast, and the eggs we serve are in fact real eggs. We are glad that some of our other selections were to your liking.

Thank you again for your review! If there is anything we can do to make your future visits extra special please do not hesitate to let us know.
We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was in the area for business, and was impressed with this little hotel. Everything was clean and in good condition, including the gym and the lobby lounge. The fireplace was roaring on a cold evening, which was very welcome after a long trip. The rooms are neat and clean, and everything was in good shape. It's a nice place to stay when you're in the area.

Room Tip: A higher floor will reduce any noise from the parking lot or lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DanielleDaSilva, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Hello CaptainSteveG,

Thank you for this great review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our fireplace is a great feature in our lobby, especially at this time of year! We hope to have you back soon.

Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

It is a typical no-frills Fairfield by Marriott property that fortunately sits right next to the best attraction in State College. Very convenient if you're planning a night out for dinner and drinks at the Brewery and want to walk back.

The rest of the hotel is very typical of a Marriott budget hotel with nothing that really stands out. We got a great deal bidding for this on Priceline and thought it well worth the price. Would have given it half this rating if I was paying the rack rate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
DanielleDaSilva, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Hello the_0ne!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to Otto's!

If there is anything that we can do to make your future visits extra special please do not hesitate to ask.

We hope to have you stay with us during your next visit to State College!