Fairfield Inn & Suites State College
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Toftrees Golf Resort(State College)
Very Good 4/5
Carnegie Inn & Spa(State College)
Quality Inn(State College)
Sleep Inn(State College)
Rodeway Inn(State College)
Very Good 4/5
Nittany Lion Inn(State College)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsotto's restaurantbrew pubfront deskparking lotroom was cleanwafflesfree breakfastnice hotelrecent staya great place to stayhot tubthe breakfast areaeasy accessfresh fruitnice breakfastmy sonfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Excellent breakfast, clean room. Friendly staff. close to great shopping. Very nice place to stay while moving my daughter into college. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is traveling to State College.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Victoria M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property!

Our central location leaves you close to all area shopping, 10 min from downtown University Park Campus, and right beside an amazing restaurant. I am pleased to hear that our staff service lived up to the high standards we set and that you found yourself comfortable and welcome. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Up until this latest stay we have been very happy with this chain of hotels and make a point to search them out when we travel.

We came down to State College for a weeks vacation (7 days booked into this hotel). Booked into the hotel and everything was great.

On the second day of our stay requested our room to be tidied up. Came back and room was not done. Mentioned it to the front desk and they apologized. No problem things happen. So I requested clean towels and was told they would deliver to my room. Still no towels the next morning so I searched the hotel and found some on my own. Room tided the 3rd day. 4th day we put our garbage outside of the door hoping for a clean room when we returned. Garbage gone room had not been touched. Mentioned to front desk and they apologized. 5th day searched out the cleaning staff asking if we could get our room cleaned. It did get done. 6th day asked cleaning staff who was right outside our door to clean our room. Came back not cleaned. Went down to front desk again and they showed us on paper that it was in fact cleaned. My husband had to bring her up to our room to show her it had not been cleaned. Asked again for clean towels. Well it's 8:30am on the 7th day no clean towels. So off I go once again to find what we have requested. Out of a 7 day stay with my husband our room was freshened up twice.

Very disappointed in this location and will now think twice about where we will stay for business and pleasure in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Victoria M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

For long term stays we try and stay true to our Green Initiative and only change linens every three days, unless otherwise requested. To ensure guest privacy when a "Do Not Disturb" sign is placed on the door our policy does not allow us to enter the room. I am so sorry that this became an issue throughout the duration of your stay and that when it was brought to our staff’s attention, the problem was not rectified.

Everything we do is to ensure your comfort and satisfaction and I am sorry that our property did not live up to your, or our own, standards. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to regain your trust. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Customer, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Unfortunately, there was no room upgrade, welcome gift, or recognition of any sort for Platinum status. As stated in other reviews, the room was clean and the wi fi was very strong. Even though there was no recognition, would stay here again when visiting my son at Penn State.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Victoria M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your most recent stay. I am so sorry that your elite member status was not recognized. Our hotel does upgrade rooms when the availability is open as well as provide free upgraded wifi for platinum members and a market item. I will touch base with our staff on proper procedures in the area to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

BED BUGS!!!!!! Do not stay here. When I checked into the hotel it was fine. After the first nights stay I woke up with bites. I told the manager and he said...Oh, I didn't know we had bed bugs. You could clearly see them in my room!! Terrible experience!!!!! Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Katie T
Victoria M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are sorry to hear you did not have an acceptable experience at our hotel. Please let me assure you that Eco-Lab, a third party pest elimination company, inspected the room you stayed in as well as the four surrounding rooms and found no indication of a pest problem, giving us a clean bill of health. We strive for a positive experience for all our hotel guests and routinely have inspections from outside sources to maintain our high standards of cleanliness and comfort.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We just came back from a family reunion at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. We had a very enjoyable experience! Very clean property, pleasant staff. Took the kids swimming, they loved it! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Victoria M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It was our pleasure to host your family as you all came together again. I am glad you were able to partake in some of our many in house and surrounding amenities, and we hope to be your destination again soon!