“Perfect hotel and great price!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites State College
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in State College
Easton, PA
“Perfect hotel and great price!”
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I stayed with my husband and three year old son for two nights. My sister was having her baby shower and her house was overfilled. This was such a nice hotel. We stayed the weekend for only $79 a night. The whole hotel smells very clean and looks very polished when you walk into the lobby. The rooms were a nice size and also very clean. The free breakfest was a great way to start the day. My son really enjoyed the pool also. It was very clean and did not smell like a bucket of bleach. We used the pool as a family for about an hour without anyone coming in. My son could scream and jump all he wanted. My husband also liked the highspeed free internet. I do have to comment on the front desk staff...they were the nicest staff we have had at a hotel in years! They were very pleasent and always had a smile on their face....even the night staff. I think Marriotts should reward this staff with some type of customer service award. Great Staff...Great Breakfest...Great Pool...Great Price....What more could you ask for?

Family of Three,
Easton, PA

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Easton_PAFamilyof4
aclarkinusa, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this review, 14 June 2009
Dear Family of Three!
We the staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites would like to THANK YOU for your positive review! We always strive to provide the service guest except when they stay at our hotel. We are very happy yo hear that you enjoyed you stay and hope that you will stay with us again.

Again THANK YOU from the Fairfield Staff for your positive review!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I stayed at this hotel with 8 others for a bachelorette party over Memorial Day weekend. The town was busy due to a volleyball tournament, and this hotel was the only one with any availability - 6 months in advance! However, I was very glad we stayed here. The Fairfield Inn is new and clean, with spacious rooms and bathrooms - a plus when four women are trying to get ready! The hotel staff was very accommodating, making sure our three rooms were close to one another, offering taxi recommendations, and even providing a complimentary sewing kit when requested. It's a great value to boot ($100 + tax with AAA discount). The Fairfield Inn is near Wegman's (world's best grocery store), Target, Michael's, etc., and only a short car trip (10-15 minutes; $10 for a taxi) to downtown State College.

My only minor complaint would be the breakfast. It was pretty standard fare for complimentary breakfast, and most of the items were prepackaged. I would love to see more fresh fruit or bakery items. We skipped breakfast the second day and went to Waffle Shop, only a mile or so down the road.

Overall, this is a great hotel for the price tag. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank mecekitten
Dea Valued guest,
THANK YOU for kind review about your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites! We value all guest's reviews good or bad! It is these reviews that help us to strive to give the service that guest except when staying at our hotel! We hope that you will stay with us again! Again Thank you for your review!
Upstate NY
Reviewed 26 February 2009

My room was very large and exceptionally clean. Upon check-in, I was welcomed by a very young and pleasant. My guess is that the front desk attendants are college students earning some extra money. I am a seasoned traveler and very much enjoy being welcomed as if I am returning to my home. I was impressed by their polite and friendly manner. I intend to stay at this location again while traveling on business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Vinman999
aclarkinusa, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this review, 3 March 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive review about your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We try to strive to make all our guests stay a memorable and enjoyable stay. We are glad to see that you plan on returning to our hotel for your next stay and look forward to having you with us again. Again THANK YOU from all the staff for your positive review!
Seattle
Reviewed 1 September 2008

On a college road trip, my son and I chose the Fairfield as we wanted to continue points accumulation from our previous stay at FF Midway Chicago. Originally, we wanted to stay at the Penn Stater, but they were full. In hindsight we were very pleased with our choice in the Fairfield and would definitely recommend it.

The FF is a fairly new building. It was smart to position the building perpendicular to the main road as room windows do not face traffic from the road. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Great amount of cable stations. Excellent continental (extended) breakfast with freshly made waffles and all the standard fanfare. A few complimentary PC’s with Internet and a printer was available to guests. Easy check-in/out. Quaker Lube Restaurant (heard great wings!) shares the same parking lot. Laundromat (Dolly’s Wash House) is across the street. Wegmen’s grocery (5 minute drive) has great selection of supplies (including health food/products) and prices.

The FF is located on the opposite end of Penn State University and is about a 10-15 minute drive toward downtown (older part) State College. Most restaurants are located in the downtown area, but there are a few near the hotel.

We enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield State College and would definitely return!

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank TRAVELERSFROMSEATTLE
aclarkinusa, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this review, 30 October 2008
Dear Travelersfromseattle!
THANK YOU for postive review about your visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites in State College Pa! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites we strive to always keep our promises. We look forward to your next visit!
Again Thank you for your review and nice pictures of the rooms.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2008

I stayed here for 4 nights for business at the beginning of August 2008.

The hotel is brand new - only a year old. The room we were given was big (it was a disabled room). The bed really comfortable. Wireless worked well. Bathroom spacious and nice. Pool nice.
Staff friendly.

Free breakfast sufficient, although I didn't really use it much.

Next door is Quaker Steak and Lube - we made use of the wing night on Tuesday! Fun.

• Liked — Convenient and clean.
  • Disliked — Nothing I can really think of.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank benja1010
aclarkinusa, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this review, 29 November 2008
Thank you for your postive review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are always striving to give our guests the service that will make them want to return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites!
Again Thank you!
Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2008

From check-in on Friday until check-out on Sunday, there was no button in the elevator for the main floor. No button at all; just an empty hole. This is a fairly easy fix for an elevator repair person, so it sounds like someone was saving money on a service call.

To make matters worse, no one told us about the problem at check-in. We were routinely assigned a room on the third floor and it was not until we reached the elevator that we found the problem. To the (minor) credit of the hotel, they allowed the elevator to continue running in the up direction, but the stairs were necessary to get back down.

Beyond this, the hotel is fine. It is at the lower end of the Marriott chain and provides exactly what is anticipated, altough an in-room fridge would have been nice. The beds were good and the room was clean. The included breakfast was good with a nice selection.

Aside from what I consider a lapse in judgement, the hotel is good and I will stay there again - but I will ask about the elevator when I check in.

• Liked — New, convenient and clean
  • Disliked — Fix problems promptly! Be up front about telling guests if there is a problem.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank NJTravelBoy
aclarkinusa, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this review, 30 November 2008
Thank you for your review! We wanted to comment that the reason it took so long in repairing the button in the elevator is because the elevator company did not have the correct button in stock. It had to be ordered and that is why it took so long to fix. We apologize that we did not meet your standards of service. We hope that this one issue does not effect you staying here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites!
Thank you again for your review!
New York
Reviewed 13 April 2008

My wife and I stayed April 11-13th and enjoyed the Fairfield Inn.

We were visiting our son, who is a PSU student, and wanted to try the Fairfield because of the Tripadvisor Reviews. We were not disappointed. It took us less than 10 minutes to get from the hotel to our son's East dorm.

We had a room with a king bed the first night. The room had a comfortable chaise, and everything was clean and fresh. The bathroom was a nice size, and had a roomy "glass" enclosed stall shower with nice pressure. The tv was a flat screen but not a flat panel, and was fine. Unfortunately, the hotel does not have any ppv movies, and if it has HBO, we never could figure out which channel.

The second night we were supposed to move to a room with two full beds because the king bed was only available for the first night of our reservation. The room was actually bigger than the first room. We asked Michael at the desk if any rooms with kings were available, and although he said no, he suggested that we should check back by 3 pm. He also took our cell number.

At 12 noon Michael called to say that a king in a suite was available. Since the suite was only $30 more for the night, we told him that we wanted it. Michael was nice enough to arrange to have our bags moved to the new room. When we returned, we changed our key cards, and went to the new room.

The suites are nice with a fridge and microwave, a seating area with tv, and couch, and the separate bedroom. There is no door between the seating area and bedroom, but it is set apart by the wall which holds the tv and entertainment unit, and another divider. The next time we go, for the added $30, we will look to get a king suite.

The breakfasts were quite ample with the now standard juices, coffee, tea, bread, muffins, cereals (including oatmeal), apples and bananas, and of course, the waffle maker. They also had Jimmy Dean brand packaged version of Egg McMuffins, and a French Toast Sausage Sandwich, which you could pop into the microwave. I thought the French Toast Sandwich was tasty.

The rest of the day they have coffee, decaf, tea, and apples and bananas.

The pool looked to be well maintained, and although I did not use it, I saw a number of people did. The exercise room had a bike, stepper, treadmill and a decent universal.

The hotel staff could not be nicer. Everyone had a smile, seemed glad to be there to assist you, and even tried to anticpate your needs. As previously noted, we plan to return.

One last note: I checked the rates online, and then called the 800 number. I was quoted a rate $10 higher than online, and when I asked asked why, the operator said that was only the AAA rate. I said that there was no limitation online, but she did not have the rate available to her. I said that I was an AAA member, and she said that I would have to show the card to get the rate. I did not have to show the card when I signed in. I booked the second night an hour after having booked the first, and went directly through the hotel. It was a good thing since the 800 website showed no rooms available.

• Liked — Comfortable beds and cleanliness
  • Disliked — The suite did not have a door between the bedroom and sitting area.
  • Stayed April 2008