“Good Italian food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This is one of our favorite restarants in State College. The service is excellent, the menu offers a variety of Italian American cuisine. They have a wood oven (always a plus) and the pizza is as near to Italy as you can get. Buon appetito!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

A few co-workers and I stopped here to try it out and we weren't disappointed. We had the fried mozarella for an app which was delicious. I had balsalmic vinagrette on my salad and it was the best dressing I've had!! I had the 20 Clove Chicken and it was amazing. One of my co-workeers said the Sea Bass was the best fish she ever had and my other co-worker enjoyed her chicken dish just as much. The only complaint we had was that the side pasta that came with the meals--the sauce was a bit bland.

The service was fast and friendly. Our waiter was very helpful and answered any questions we had. They did run out of a few of the specials before 7 pm though. Not his fault and it was nothing I would've ordered anyway :)

Very good dining experience and we will definitely be back the next time we are in town.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

food was good, but it seemed as though they were out of an awful lot of dishes by 7:15. The name has changed to just "Mario's" now. Our cab driver said it has been that way for about a year.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The food is fresh and the specials are the best bet. Everything else is fine but nothing really stands out. The servers are nice. For State College this is probably one of the best you'll find.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This place does not dissapoint. I went out with a large group (about 12) who raved about it and went there everytime they were in State College and it did not disappoint. It is upscale dining with a little less frill, but people in these parts of the world take their dining seriously. Noma it is not, but it is a nice, special occassion or just group , nice meal option. Would return stat!