“Best Burgers in State College”

Otto's Pub and Brewery
Ranked #4 of 249 Restaurants in State College
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner
Description: We're nuts about fine beer and fresh, local food. Otto's is fiercely committed to quality. Our beer is handcrafted with the finest ingredients available. Our American bistro cuisine is made with fresh ingredients from local farms, wineries, and bakeries. Our brewery and restaurant are co-located and feature a family-friendly and casual atmosphere. We're located in State College, PA, minutes from Penn State.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Otto's is a great place for casual dining in the State College area. The menu is good, and I am an especially big fan of their burgers, which come in either 1/4 or 1/2-pound servings, with the half-pounder cooked to order. I have found the service to be good, as well. My main complaint has to do with the acoustics in the restaurant--when it is crowded (which is most of the time), it is so loud that it's difficult to have conversations with one's table-mates, even when they are sitting next to one.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I visit Ottos regularly, but it is only because we like their beer. The food is usually good but service lets a lot to be desired. There is often not a hostess in the entry area, which is irritating. Overall, servers don't seem to have much experience (or perhaps training). As a result, we have been visiting another establishment a few miles south on Atherton St - who offers a vast beer selection. Still love Mt Nittany Pale Ale!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you are looking for a great place to have a meal and hang out with friends outside of the downtown frenzy, go here. The food has never disappointed, and their brews are great! They also carry delicious local hard apple cider in both a sweet and a dry version. Lots of seating and two bar areas ensure that you don't have a long wait unless it is graduation weekend or after a football game.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Live music when we were there. A decent varied menu. I ordered fish and chips off of the specials menu and the portions were huge! The food wasn't fabulous but was well within what I expected for a brew pub. I would definitely go back and do the locals from what I could tell.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Beer was of course pretty good, I tried the slab cabin ipa and the double D.
food was the usual pub/grill fare, not bad at all.

But you could see it was geared more towards locals who were well known, felt cold and distant as a "tourist".
Also very crowded on the three occasions I went, hotel next door is handy :)