“Nice meal after a long day in the car.”

Otto's Pub and Brewery
Ranked #5 of 256 Restaurants in State College
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: We're nuts about fine beer and fresh, local food. Otto's is fiercely committed to quality. Our beer is handcrafted with the finest ingredients available. Our American bistro cuisine is made with fresh ingredients from local farms, wineries, and bakeries. Our brewery and restaurant are co-located and feature a family-friendly and casual atmosphere. We're located in State College, PA, minutes from Penn State.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We happened on Otto's passing through State College. The food was very good and the wait staff pleasant and helpful. We chose to eat outside on the patio and it was a great decision. The atmosphere was relaxed and happy, if the service was a bit slow. My husband enjoyed the pork sandwich (huge!) very much. I liked the turkey wedge a lot, but it was a little light on the turkey. The overall flavor was excellent. My son had the salmon and said it was excellent. The beer selection was great, and my husband enjoyed the wheat beer a lot. The food was ample, the evening pleasant, and we would highly recommend Otto's!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I came with my mother and grandmother for lunch about 2 weeks ago for the first time due to a recommendation from two different friends. My grandmother has a very hard time walking, so I asked the hostess for a booth and somewhere close if it was possible. She spotted an open booth as we were walking, asked us to wait for a minute, and cleaned it right away. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. I work in the industry, so I am very picky about service quality and they were very attentive and kind. The food was very good. I had a Buffalo Chicken Wrap with the Hurricane Mary sauce- delicious! My mom's salad was huge and my grandmother's hot dogs with meat sauce was great! Their French fries were awesome- I could have eaten another basket! I did not get the taste the beers, but they all looked great and I am looking forward to tasting their Pumpkin this fall!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

On the fringes of town out on North Atherton, Otto's was close to our hotels for a dinner after a business meeting at Penn State. Indoors, all was noise and chaos; outdoors....serenity on a lovely summer evening. The beer selection is diverse and the Pale Ale I had was great; ice cold & tasty. My salad and pulled chicken bbq were ample in size and totally acceptable without being special in any way. If your goal is fine food, there are better alternatives in or near the PSU campus; if you're in the neighborhood, Otto's is FAR better than the ordinary chains, fast food and cheap Mexican alternatives close at hand.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The beer, brewed on site of course, is excellent. The Red Mo is my default beer, but the IPAs are also excellent. The stout is a treat and the Apricot Wheat is surprisingly good. If you don't like "fruity" beers, you may not like this one, but it's refreshing and almost citrus-y. My favorite part about Otto's, aside from the beer, is the diverse menu. Most items are very good (fries, sweet potato fries, pizza rolls, beer pretzel, fish tacos, burgers, gyro, most sandwiches) and some less so (the beef on weck is okay, but not up to Buffalo-level standards, pretzel roll sandwich is also just okay, and I've had pizza that came out great, while the same pizza on another occasion was doughy and bland). The fondue is very tasty, with the pretzel, but can really weigh you down. I ate it with friends and that finished me. I could've crawled up on the bar and went right to sleep (but it was good, don't get me wrong). So far my favorite thing on the menu has been the lamb gyro at lunchtime. I haven't ordered a true entree at the place yet. I've only been a dozen times, so give me a chance! But overall, with beer that good and a place that can offer up a very diverse menu and pull most things off very well, it's worthy of much larger metro areas. Recommended.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The beer is very good, with typically a wide selection. Most of the food is also very good - not exceptional but very good. Had salad with chicken fingers on it in the mango habanero sauce which was very tasty with just enough heat. Much of the food is locally sourced. Service was good as well, but the place is typically pretty loud.