“What happened to my horse?”

The Darkhorse Tavern
Ranked #64 of 248 Restaurants in State College
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Darkhorse was my absolute favorite bar in State College for almost three years, and so I wanted to bring my out-of-town friends here to hang out on a Saturday night. I don't know what happened to it since the last time I was here, but the band was WAY too loud and we could barely hear each other even though we were sitting as far away from the band as humanly possible. It was angry, screaming music, and we ended up leaving halfway through our first drink, even after paying a $4 cover. A bright spot though is the food...if you're there during the day when there's no angry live music, it's definitely a good place to grab some bar food.

Reviewed 23 November 2008

WIng Night on Thursdays! Great Wings.

Reviewed 4 April 2008

I like the wings a lot, and burger night deal is pretty incredible. Usually 1 or 2 interesting beer choices as well

Reviewed 6 March 2008

Quesadillas are mediocre and atmosphere is horrible.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2008

The drunker the beer the better the burger.