“great penn state stay !!”

Super 8 State College
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My wife and I have stayed at several PSU hotels. For the money, this is the best buy. Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. Perfect place to rest and save alittle money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank headbone67
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for the positive comments on your stay. Clean and comfortable is definitely our motto and the standard we work very hard to achieve.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have stayed here twice now and have been happy both times. I found the staff good-natured and friendly and the accommodations clean and well- maintained. I usually read the worst reviews of places, books, movies, etc. to compare with my own impressions, and I could hardly believe that anyone would raise objections to this Super 8.
Admittedly, I am not known for being observant, but it seemed that some people who wrote bad reviews took a magnifying glass and inspected every inch and nook and cranny looking for something to complain about.
Normally I don't travel with pets, but since I had a cat euthanized two weeks before my trip, I didn't want to leave my second cat alone, as he was still grieving and depressed. I was AMAZED at the fantastic price for keeping my cat with me. It was $25 for the ENTIRE stay. If he had caused damage or there was extra cleaning required, there would have been an extra $100, which seems reasonable to me. One morning I awoke and discovered he had vanished and I was afraid somehow he had gotten out, even with the doors closed. I looked everywhere and couldn't find him. Had someone catnapped him? I was afraid he was lost forever. I stepped into the hall and explained the situation to the housekeeper. She offered to help me search in the room, though I had already looked everywhere. She seemed to be an expert at knowing every hiding place of scared pets, and she found him wedged between the headboard and the wall. I wish to thank this person from the bottom of my heart. She was kind and sympathetic and took time from her cleaning duties to help a frantic customer find a scared cat.
As for people who complain that Super 8 doesn't offer a lavish breakfast and lament that there is no longer a Perkins next door, I would remind everyone about America's obesity epidemic and suggest it might not be such a bad thing to eat more simply on occasion.
I'm totally thrilled with anyplace that offers fresh coffee 24/7 and I plan to stay here whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for sharing your generous comments on your stay at the Super 8 in State College, Pa. We do take great pride to deliver a positive guest experience. The housekeeping staff member was delighted to help you in your time of need. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

First time staying in State College, am staying weekly for a while and needed some place affordable and clean; this hotel is exactly it. The staff is friendly and professional, helpful when needed and the breakfast supplied is perfect for that quick bite before starting the day. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for the generous compliments. We are very happy to have you as our weekly guest. Your continued loyalty is greatly appreciated. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Reviewed 9 May 2013