“Loyal customers”

Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in State College
philadelphia
“Loyal customers”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My family has been staying at the super 8 for over 25 years through different owners and names for the entire football season staying 2 nights. I have never complained about are stay but now I must request something. I have asked for two years now to have a tv replaced in the living room part of suite we stay in. We have not had any success. We are constantly told soon. Now the tv is not clear and at times it hardly makes sence to watch. I don't want to complain about the prices for football but at the charge like Michigan we should have a nice tv. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty. It means so much. We recently did a sweep in each guestroom and replaced a few inoperable tv’s. I am so sorry that your room was missed. We are in the process of ordering additional units so I will make sure your room is next on our list. Again, thank you for your continued support. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
READING
Reviewed 7 October 2013

After reading the previous reviews, I booked this hotel because it was the only available one in the area on Oct. 4 & 5 weekend, Parents Weekend at PSU. I was alittle pleasantly surprised. I requested a room with a refrigerator and received one. The beds, bedding and pillows were nice. We had a flat screen TV which worked great after we got a new remote (remote didn't work but was taken care of within 10 minutes). The front desk was helpful but not very knowledgeable. The bathroom sink was updated to a granite counter. The room was in need of further updates. The furniture was old. The air conditioner/heater worked but the room had a distinct musty smell which tells me it wasn't removing moisture from the room. The odor was covered with deodorizer. The bathroom floor was in horrible shape. All in all, I wasn't expecting much. It was ok. Breakfast was average. Cookies at the checkin desk were great. The room was pricey for what you get but, as previous reviewers stated, all the hotels do this on PSU special weekends! I've stayed in 4 star hotels for cheaper!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
#10 of 26 in State College
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#12 of 26 in State College

Been to Super 8 State College? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 State College

Property: Super 8 State College
Address: 1663 S Atherton St, State College, PA 16801-6210
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > State College
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#18 Business Hotel in State College
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 State College 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 State College reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 State College Hotel State College