“convenient to PSU athletic areas” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 State College

Super 8 State College
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in State College
State College
“convenient to PSU athletic areas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very convenient to PSU where athletic buildings are located. It was quiet on the third floor. room was clean. beds were on the soft side, but fine for myself and my daughter. Near stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: very convenient to PSU. We stayed on 3rd floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. It is always so nice to hear a job well done.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Super 8 in State College Pennsylvania provided excellent service. The room was clean and conveniently located only miles away from the 4th of July festivities at the University. The Continental Breakfast provided everything we needed to start our day with a well balanced meal. It included fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, cereal, and a variety of bagels and waffles. I really enjoyed the coffee. The staff was helpful in recommending several top notch restaurants in town. We were blessed with the most beautiful weather to celebrate our nation's independence, and I wouldn't want to stay anywhere other than the Super 8. The Super 8 gave us an excellent rate which allowed us to spend money on other activities. We went to Raystown lake for the day and enjoyed the beauty of PA. The lake wore us out and we slept like babies on our king sized bed. The room had flat screen TV's, a whirlpool tub, mini-fridge, and microwave. Everything we could have ever needed was provided. I loved my stay at the Super 8.

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent. An IHOP is directly in front of the building and a small beer store is o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. I am so happy we helped to make your vacation the best ever. We look forward to your next stay.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a room on our way to east cost as soon as we walked in the room musty moldy smell all the bed covering stained! Toilet looked like someone just exploded all over the place . Nasty! Then went to take showers and the tub drain is stopped up ! I would rather slept in my car then then this place stay away!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was anything less than satisfying. I immediately met with my entire team regarding the condition of your room. We will make more frequent room inspections to ensure all rooms are ready before renting to our guests. I truly am sorry. It is my hope that you will stay with us again. Please contact me personally when booking your next stay in Happy Valley.

Travellers are raving about these State College hotels

Odenton, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Upon arrival, I found out that I had a smoking room. This room was not designated as a smoking room on the EASYTOBOOK website. The front desk lady said that the hotel was full and no non-smoking rooms available. Make a call and confirm that your room is smoking or non-smoking. The elevator carpet was dark maroon and had so many large stains that it gave you a dirty feeling. Next, the room had beds with green bedspreads that were stained-again a feeling of dirtiness. The staff were friendly and the continental breakfast was okay. I guess you get what you pay for...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was anything less than super. I am very embarrassed to learn your experience. I immediately met with my team regarding the condition of your room. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We will do a better job. Also, thank you for sharing your kind words on my friendly staff and complimentary breakfast. Please contact me personally when booking your next stay in State College.