“Hotel is fine for a quick visit to State College. Easy to...”

Super 8 State College
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in State College

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Milroy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I routinely stay at the Super 8 in State College when traveling for youth sports. Excellent parking, convenience of nearby restaurants and entertainment, and simple amenities while placing priority on cleanliness and friendliness is why we choose this hotel any time we are passing through.

• Stayed July 2014
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We are delighted that you shared your five star review of our property. We do take great pride to deliver a clean, comfortable and friendly guest experience. It is always nice hearing a job well done. Your loyalty is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.
New Orleans
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was surprised at how nice it was for the price. Many of the other hotels were booked during the art festival, so I booked this in desperation. It was perfectly nice. The doors shut very quietly, which is such a great feature. The place was packed, and yet I heard no noise in my room. The bed was comfortable. I feel very fortunate that I didn't have to spend more for a room that most likely would have been equal or worse. The fact that there's an International House of Pancakes right there was an added convenience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for the very nice review of our hotel. We enjoy hearing positive comments from our valued guests.
NYC
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is basic, fine for one night. Staff is very friendly. I have stayed at this hotel the last few years for various events, usually just one night like for Blue White game and this past weekend's Arts Festival. They have a continental breakfast and the rate is pretty good. I notice on this last trip that the quality of the hotel has declined since my last stay- the breakfast has become mininal (ie: they use to have bagels and english muffins, now just bread for toast) and the rooms need some upgrade (shower curtain doesn't shut all the way, towels are rough) and the air conditioner is one of those built into the radiator and is noisy. Like I wrote in the headline, fine for one night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your positive comments on the friendly staff and value in room rate. I am very sorry that you were not happy with the breakfast selection. We are always looking for alternate breakfast choices and I will be happy to pass on your suggestions to the corporate office. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.
Bethlehem
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Check in smooth - floor preference offered. Breakfast - fresh fruit, crunchy granola, cold milk & OJ and hot decaf coffee. Check out quick. Was disappointed that a fridge was not in our room & questioned availability. I have reservations for football weekends so needed to know if I would be able to keep tailgating food cold. Note was made on our reservation to be sure a refrigerator will be in our room. Very accommodating staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Dolores P
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments on my super and accommodating staff. We will do our very best to accommodate your refrigerator request. We look forward to your return. Go PSU!