“Clean, friendly, and reasonable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 State College

Super 8 State College
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in State College
Pennsylvania
“Clean, friendly, and reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times while visiting penn state. The rooms were always clean and the people were always courteous. The beds are also comfortable and the hallways are quiet. Have always felt comfortable and safe in this hotel. One time, they accidentally assigned me to a smoking room. When I contacted the front desk about this, they had me moved within 10 minutes. The free breakfast buffet is also a nice feature. Although it does not have a large variety, it is a good place to grab a cup of coffee, cereal, and some fruit. If you require a full breakfast, there is an IHOP in the parking lot. I will be returning a couple of times during the upcoming semester (except during football weekends, when EVERY hotel in state college charges 4 times their normal rates). I'm looking forward to returning.

Stayed August 2014
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments. We do take great pride to deliver a clean, comfortable and friendly guest experience. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectation daily. It is so nice to hear a job well done. Again, thank you for your kind words. We hope you visit again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Arrived after booking 2 rooms for one night. Found 1 bath towel in our bathroom, a used bar of soap in a cup in the bathroom garbage can, soap bar residue on the sink, unknown plastic bag on the towel rack and the bathtub drain plug broken and sticking out of the drain. Room and bathroom were moderately clean but expected better. On a good note, room was quiet with AC running all night even on the first floor near front desk, bed was comfortable and clean. Sorry, no info on the other room other than described as poor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Please accept my sincere apology. I immediately met with my entire team regarding your comments. We are all very sorry and disappointed that this was your experience. We know we can do a better job. It is my hope that you might give us another try. Please contact me personally when booking your next stay in State College.

Travellers are raving about these State College hotels

Lake Wales, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I don't stay in this area much and this time thought I would try someplace different. There are any number of hotels in this college town and since I have stayed at the chain before I thought I would give it a shot. Staff very friendly, hotel clean. Linens clean and mattress firm. Breakfast area large, although the selections limited. Luggage dollies a little beat up but usable.

Room Tip: Ask for the parents rate, which I am assuming is for the college parents when visiting. The sign say...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for choosing the State College Super 8! We are thrilled that you chose us as your choice for lodging accommodations. Our goal is to provide every guest with a clean, comfortable, and friendly stay at a great value. Again, thank you for sharing your review. We look forward to your return.
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very old hotel,beds are very old and uncomfortable,dirty carpets,bad odor,the tub was clogged and the sink was falling in pieces,faucet was broke,the tub was dirty,I had to buy Clorox cu clean myself,Gross hotel!
The front desk clerks were very nice and professional,but the hotel is in a very bad condition.
I paid $97 to stay in this old dirty discussing place! Almost the price of Hilton.
Very disappointing experience! This hotel should be closed by the hotel inspectors.

Room Tip: Trust the reviews
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was anything less than satisfying. I am very embarrassed to learn your experience. I immediately met with my housekeeping supervisor regarding your comments. We will conduct more frequent room inspections before renting to our guests. Thank you for sharing the kind compliments on the front desk team. Our goal is to make every stay enjoyable for our guests. It is my hope that you will give us another try. Please contact me personally when booking your next stay in State College. Thank you.
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very accommodating. The staff was very helpful and polite.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asked. I plan on staying again next week and again in September. Its nice to feel safe and sleep well as compared to where I have had to stay in the past

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing positive comments on your last stay. Our goal is to accommodate all of our guest needs by providing a clean, comfortable and friendly guest experience. We truly do appreciate your feedback. It is so nice to hear a job well done. Thank you for your continued loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.