“Affordable, clean, had what I needed”

Super 8 State College
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times while visiting penn state. The rooms were always clean and the people were always courteous. The beds are also comfortable and the hallways are quiet. Have always felt comfortable and safe in this hotel. One time, they accidentally assigned me to a smoking room. When I contacted the front desk about this, they had me moved within 10 minutes. The free breakfast buffet is also a nice feature. Although it does not have a large variety, it is a good place to grab a cup of coffee, cereal, and some fruit. If you require a full breakfast, there is an IHOP in the parking lot. I will be returning a couple of times during the upcoming semester (except during football weekends, when EVERY hotel in state college charges 4 times their normal rates). I'm looking forward to returning.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments. We do take great pride to deliver a clean, comfortable and friendly guest experience. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectation daily. It is so nice to hear a job well done. Again, thank you for your kind words. We hope you visit again very soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Arrived after booking 2 rooms for one night. Found 1 bath towel in our bathroom, a used bar of soap in a cup in the bathroom garbage can, soap bar residue on the sink, unknown plastic bag on the towel rack and the bathtub drain plug broken and sticking out of the drain. Room and bathroom were moderately clean but expected better. On a good note, room was quiet with AC running all night even on the first floor near front desk, bed was comfortable and clean. Sorry, no info on the other room other than described as poor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Please accept my sincere apology. I immediately met with my entire team regarding your comments. We are all very sorry and disappointed that this was your experience. We know we can do a better job. It is my hope that you might give us another try. Please contact me personally when booking your next stay in State College.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I don't stay in this area much and this time thought I would try someplace different. There are any number of hotels in this college town and since I have stayed at the chain before I thought I would give it a shot. Staff very friendly, hotel clean. Linens clean and mattress firm. Breakfast area large, although the selections limited. Luggage dollies a little beat up but usable.

Room Tip: Ask for the parents rate, which I am assuming is for the college parents when visiting. The sign say...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for choosing the State College Super 8! We are thrilled that you chose us as your choice for lodging accommodations. Our goal is to provide every guest with a clean, comfortable, and friendly stay at a great value. Again, thank you for sharing your review. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very old hotel,beds are very old and uncomfortable,dirty carpets,bad odor,the tub was clogged and the sink was falling in pieces,faucet was broke,the tub was dirty,I had to buy Clorox cu clean myself,Gross hotel!
The front desk clerks were very nice and professional,but the hotel is in a very bad condition.
I paid $97 to stay in this old dirty discussing place! Almost the price of Hilton.
Very disappointing experience! This hotel should be closed by the hotel inspectors.

Room Tip: Trust the reviews
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was anything less than satisfying. I am very embarrassed to learn your experience. I immediately met with my housekeeping supervisor regarding your comments. We will conduct more frequent room inspections before renting to our guests. Thank you for sharing the kind compliments on the front desk team. Our goal is to make every stay enjoyable for our guests. It is my hope that you will give us another try. Please contact me personally when booking your next stay in State College. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014