“Not a clean hotel”

Hampton Inn State College
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I reserved this hotel because my first choices were booked. Arriving on a long drive from Ann Arbor MI after 11 at night I was looking forward to a good night of sleep on a typically clean Hampton Inn. My "non smoking" room had been clearly smoked in and smelled dirty. There were stains in the sink and in the carpet and worst of all, hair in the shower. Overall the room was tired and in need of a complete renovation. The public spaces were no better with peeling wallpaper, dingy looking surfaces and poor lighting and a chemical smell trying to cover up other smells. Thankfully my stay was only one night. On a positive note, the gentleman who checked me in was very friendly and provided good service. Having a clean room is the most important element in the overall hotel experience. Based on the poor cleaning standard and need for a complete property overhaul, I recommend you look elsewhere when booking a hotel in State College.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank giantsteve
RyanHIExp, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Giantsteve,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your accommodations while in State College but you have highlighted some issues that we will surely not overlook. As you can tell by other positive reviews of our property we enjoy providing our guests with friendly customer service and a clean and comfortable stay, it is a shame that you could only experience one of those with us. We hope that we can someday get a chance to provide you with a more positive experience to walk away with.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I recommend this Hotel to anyone looking to visit the State College area, every part of it was awesome and outstanding. The breakfast lasted 4 hours and stayed full with great food that was hot and fresh. The TV's in the lobby were great as well.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Spent the night there for the Central Pa. Fest on July 4th and I love this Hampton Inn! Very clean, wonderful staff, low prices and the breakfast can't be beat. Great value for the money and I highly recommend this and any Hampton Inn.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The Hampton Inn is a great place for the value. The complimentary coffee is available all day and always fresh and hot. The beds are very comfortable and the heating/cooling system works great and runs pretty quietly. The staff was friendly and helpful. The size of the room was very comfortable, I did not feel closed in. The bathroom is a nice size too.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great value off season. Penn State was out of session during my visit. We used a coupon from a travel book during this walk in stay. If I ever have a chance, I try to stay at a Hampton Inn for both business and pleasure. The beds are comfortable and rooms well kept.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This hotel is convenient to the Penn State campus, there is a Damon's restaurant in the parking lot and the breakfast was very good -pretty much everything that you need when taking your student to Penn State! Front desk was friendly and helpful, and although we didn't use it, the pool looked very clean and inviting. Would stay here again,no question.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
RyanHIExp, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Steelangel,

Thank you for posting such great comments about your recent stay with our hotel and I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are lucky to be so close to Penn State's campus and to share a parking lot with Damon's, this proves to be a great convenience to our guests.

We look forward to your next visit with us for another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Hamptons are consistantly above your average hotel. While not being a 4 star palace, you almost always get the feeling that you recieved a good value for your dollar. I stay in Hamptons whenever I travel, which is a fair amount, and I do so for the reasons stated above. Consistant in a hotel is a very good thing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Robert L,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hampton, we too believe in the consistency and trust that our brand brings to travelers such as yourself. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and I hope that we can see you again in State College.