“Extended business stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in State College
Denver
“Extended business stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

For a recent extended business trip, I purchased an Expedia deal for a lesser quality hotel chain. It was a marginal experience. When I had to extend my stay a couple days, I chose to stay at this Hampton Inn, one I have not stayed in before. The cleanliness of the room, the comfortable bed, and the quality of the complimentary breakfast has me convinced to stay here for any future trips. Despite the money saved by going with Expedia, the other chain hotel did not match the value of this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Hope, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Booking a room was a breeze and when we arrived, we were greeted by an efficient and pleasant receptionist. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the bedding was inviting. I appreciated having extra pillows, although I didn't much like the feel of the pillows. There were plenty of towels and amenities in the bathroom. The room was a little warm at night for my taste, but not at all noisy or blowy as it often is in hotels. Overall, a positive experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

altoona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Once again, Hampton Inn met all our expectaions... rooms were clean, employees were freindly, served a very good breakfast. Definitely stay here again. I would recommend this hotel. Location is also nice...close to campus, but not right in the middle of all the student traffic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Tonawanda, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Confirmed reservation for smoking room, only to get there and find there was none available. Will CALL if ever making a reservation in the future. I guess for all the non smokers, it would be the same for you to get a room that is smoking, knowing you had a non-smoking room reserved and have to stay in the smoking room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

RyanHIExp, General Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. We are very sorry that the guestroom did not meet your expectations, since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. While we can’t meet room type requests every time, we have shared your comments with our front desk team so they are aware of the situation. We hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Ryan Saal - General Manager
Chesterfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Great staff, polite and accommodating. Clean / spotless room. I was downstairs very early (5am) and the staff was polite and more than happy to offer breakfast although the breakfast did not start until 6am.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I was surprised when we had a power outage there was no back up generator in the hotel. I was disappointed that there was not a good desk chair to work at the desk. The desk chair sits to low and could not be adjusted to a height I could comfortably work. It was the design of the chair. The chair was not broken. I had a room with a couch and I missed not haveing a table in front of it to put my work on. This was the first Hampton I have stayed in that did not have a coffee table in front of the couch. Also, for this type of room there was no micro wave or refrigerator. I have always had that in this type of room. It was missed. The staff at the hotel were execellant. They were always helpful and courteous. The staff is a big plus at the hotel. There needs to more choices for non carbs at breakfast. I feel this is a weakness at all Hamptons. There are to many high carbs choices in the morning. I alwys end up going out for breakfast to get a healtly meal. It would help if you had some lower carb cerals like Special K. For the age of the hotel it is kept up very well. It just needs some additional upgrades in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

RyanHIExp, General Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team made you feel welcome during your time with us. Thank you as well for the suggestions on how we can work to improve our property by adding a few extra pieces to the guest room and breakfast. We appreciate you feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn.

Ryan Saal - General Manager
Woodsfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was in State College for the Indiana University v. Penn State basketball game. The hotel was less than a half mile from the Bryce Jordan Center, the room was clean, and the staff was friendly. I would recommend this to anyone who visits State College for the weekend. The only negative is the noise you hear from outside your room. You can definitely hear it every time a door opens in your hallway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo