“State College”

Hampton Inn State College
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Average Hampton Inn. Has stopped offering the fresh baked cookies in late afternoon. That is disappointing. Good location, close to PSU Campus with a Damons in the parking lot for a quick bite. Easy access to major roads in and out of State College area

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura D, Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Ed S,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Happy Valley. I am glad that you found our property convenient to you destination. We aspire to make all our guests to feel welcome, and at home, from the moment they walk in the door. Your suggestions to bring the cookies back will be kept in mind as we continue to improve on our product and services. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel is very clean, and the staff is very friendly. The hotel is a bit old but the is very clean and has no dated smell what so ever. I would absolutely stay here again. Once again the staff is very friendly and you get a discount at Damon's next store,which is a pretty cool sports bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a great rate at this hotel during the Blue White weekend. The hotel was very clean, quiet, and in a great location (unless you want to walk to the shops and bars downtown, then the location isn't so great). We walked (kids 4 and 7) to the stadium, so it's not that far at all.

The breakfast was good. I would like to see donuts, as my kids aren't fans of pastries. The oatmeal was great and made just the way I like it.

We had to request a rollaway bed and it was in the room upon arrival, and was comfortable.

My only compliant, and it was frustrating, was housekeeping on the 2nd day. We are a family of four, and used all of the wash cloths on our first full day. Upon cleaning up the room the next day, we were only given 2 wash cloths for day two. I could have called and waited around for them, but I didn't feel like being bothered. We made do, but it makes no sense not to fully replenish bathroom linens when we had clearly used everything and left them on the floor for refreshing. I did leave a tip for housekeeping, so not sure what was going on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Was at Penn State and needed a room at the last minute. I was advised everything was booked for the weekend near the campus. But after having OnStar check the room was found and I got to spend a wonderful weekend with my daughter.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Right off the exit as you enter State College, this place was what I was looking for.
Simple - check-in was quick and painless, great service with a smile.
Affordable - Free parking, free breakfast, free wi-fi, good channel selection on the TV.
Clean - room was well taken care of and everything was perfect.

Location - right off the main street if you want to drive (3/4 mile) to "downtown" State College.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Needed a place to stay for a campus visit. Room was nice and clean as was bathroom. Free internet was ok. Couldnt seem to get it work on the laptop but worked on the phones. Breakfast was generally good. The eggs were odd and not good. The wife liked the waffles. The rest was decent. Staff was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura D, Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

CVChief, thank you for your helpful feedback about your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on giving our guest the best experience, and I am glad to hear that our rooms and staff exceeded your expectations. I do apologize for the disappointing breakfast you had. It is our mission to continually improve the products we serve to our guests and your honest feedback helps us greatly. I hope that when you are next in Happy Valley you will stay with us again and see first hand the improvements we've made.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was very impressed from the initial phone call. They hotel is clean staff was very polite and willing to help anyway possible! The complimentary breakfast was the BOMB! We did NOT leave the hotel hungry that is for sure! My 2 year old son was delighted that he had enough room to play with his toys

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family