My son graduated in December and we wanted to finally experience the Nittany Lion Inn. We had high expectations and our weekend stay exceeded them.
Virtually every staff member actually seemed to enjoy working there. It was almost impossible for us to open the building front door ourselves --there was almost always someone there holding it open for us.
The building and grounds were decorated for Christmas and were beautiful. We had an extra large room with a separate couch and seating area.
The hotel shuttle made getting around campus a breeze, and when one of my chidlren came in by bus at 10:30 pm, because she called the shuttle, we did not have to immediately leave our friends to pick her up. When we went to a bar the shuttle dropped us off and picked us up shortly after we called.
We had the breakfast and the Sunday brunch buffets and felt they were reasonably priced and very good.
Whiskers was a clubby and reasonably priced place to have a drink, a burger or an after dinner cup of coffee with friends and family.
I would suggest the Inn for anyone who would enjoy a beautiful hotel with excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion State College