I stayed here with my kids who will be attending Penn State this coming fall. The inn is conveniently located on the campus within walking distance of College Avenue and the key places we needed to be. The reception staff was fine, though a little officious. Our room overlooking a courtyard and gazebo, was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom and shower (no bath in our room) were fine, also. We did not eat at the inn, so we can't rate the food. It's really all about the setting--neither bad nor tremendous, but we will return again. My one recommendation--the portico needs a new coat of paint. For the price, it was worth it. We'll be returning late in June and the price is jacked up, perhaps the service will improve, commensurate with the higher price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion State College