“Unkindess here.”

Nittany Lion Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in State College
“Unkindess here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

First of all, the ladies in the front desk is very rude and unkind. When checking in, they don't explain anything about the car parking and just yelling that pulling out my car from the valet area. Who can park the car in the parking lot when checking in? I did know later that the hotel offer the parking space in the parking deck, because the lady didn't explain anything about the parking when checking in.

And wireless Internet is very unstable and often disconnected. The hotel even do not offer wired Internet. If you want to use laptop for your business or leisure, please avoid this hotel.

I asked the front desk to fix Internet connection, they told me that I have to make a phone call to AT&T by myself to fix the problem. They told me that they have nothing to do with the access Problem. It is very strange to me that Internet acces is not the responsiblily of the hotel service.

So I made a phone call to AT&T at 877-929-7678. I spent 10 minutes to contact the service representative and get answers that I have to contact local service at 888-888-7520. So I gave up to use Internet in this hotel.

Am I a customer of this hotel of woker of this hotel to fix their problem? Why they are nothing to do with the services in the hotel? I think ther have to work for services to the customers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DigimonKing
ReservationsDirector, General Manager at Nittany Lion Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
We would like to sincerely apologize for the experience that you had during your recent stay with us it is clear that we not only let you down but ourselves as well.

We pride ourselves with the high level of service that we regularly provide to our guests and I can personally assure you that that concerns such as yours are addressed with our team and our training efforts are doubled. While technology can sometimes throw us a curve ball, it is important that we work to resolve your concerns to the best of our abilities.

Thank you very much for bringing your concerns to our attention and we certainly hope that you will indeed give us another opportunity to serve you.
(Tom Neely, General Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Kalispell, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

There are not many downsides to this hotel, if any. It is located on the (quiet) edge of PSU campus, but you don't have to drive through campus to get to it. It is easy to find, and the staff are friendly, helpful, and not pretentious. Even though you are not on the main street downtown, you will not mind because State College is small, easy to walk, and this hotel has a free shuttle.

The rooms are very comfortable, come with everything you need (Keurig coffeemaker, mini-fridge, etc). It is handy to have a bar/restaurant downstairs, and they have an outside patio that anyone can use (I wasn't asked to purchase in the bar to use the patio). There is a free shuttle service, which means that they will pick up or drop off anyone that asks for it, no matter where in town you need to go. Yes, you read that correct. I asked three times if I heard them correct. So, if you add up the cost of parking and in-town transportation alone, you are saving a bunch of money.

Non-football weekends are half the cost of football-weekends, as is the case with every single place in State College on a PSU football weekend. If you don't care about football, then avoid State College in its entirety on a football weekend (and yes, it is worth checking on this!).

I can't really think of a reason why you would not want to stay here. In comparison to the several other hotels that are available in town, this one is the best I've stayed at--hands down-- for the money. The fact that you don't have to drive anywhere is a great plus, that and the fact that you're not stuck on the main drag of Atherton Ave (which is a big strip mall where all the other hotels and chain stores are). The hotel itself is unique, as well, having actual slate shingles.

Room Tip: All the rooms are huge and very nice, as far as I could tell.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jayson t
ReservationsDirector, Reservations Director at Nittany Lion Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
I am so happy to hear that you were able to appreciate some of what makes our Inn such a unique experience - and we are all thankful that you have taken the time to share your experience with others!
We very much hope that the next time your travels bring you to State College that we will have the opportunity to see you again. Thank you for spending time with us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The front desk staff, transportation staff, and housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed and pillows were so comfy that I slept like I was in my own bed. The Shower was very nice also. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. We are thankful that we had the opportunity to take care of you during your visit to Happy Valley and hope to see you again at another time.
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Most courteous and genuine customer service I have experienced. Very soothing atmosphere. Appreciated the free shuttle service. Impressed with food provided for snacks and lunch during our meetings. Stayed for 2 nights, hated to leave!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
We are so pleased to hear that we made you feel so "at home" during your visit! We hope this means that we will see you again soon. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and for allowing us to have you as our guest!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at the NLI both going to and returning from Detroit, with our infant daughter. Our first night was GREAT! Our room felt large & comfortable , the staff was very accommodating, the food at The Dining Room was excellent & we had a peaceful night sleep.

The second night, we found the staff fairly accommodating, but we had very loud neighbors! On one side it there was a repetitive pounding (laundry??), on the other side there was some loud 40's-'50's era music playing late into the night. we contacted the front at desk at 4 in the morning and they were slow to respond. Also, our bed sagged in the middle...

Very sad to have to report on such an experience at this otherwise lovely hotel, but felt it must be noted.

I would definitely consider staying here again... I'm not sure that I can say the same for my spouse though.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kim S
Edison, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Comfortable bed, Keurig machine in room, large TV with good variety of stations, AC works well, friendly staff, free apples, on-campus location convenient to attending meetings there, prices are reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I spent a weekend at the Nittany Lion Inn and it was wonderful. The hotel is lovely and the staff is great. The restaurant is wonderful. And, we had fun time at Whiskers for drinks. We hope to get back soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple