After checking out The Penn Stater for a conference, it is clear that the Nittany Lion Inn is not as nice facility-wise. However, of the two locations, I still prefer the Nittany Lion Inn. The rooms are a decent size and I love that they have an additional vanity/sink outside of the bathroom as well. They also upgraded to flat-screen TVs.
The bedding and other decor is very old-fashioned, which I get is the general vibe of the hotel, but that doesn't mean the stuff can't be replaced every now and again. The same style comforters are still being used since the first time I was here, three years ago. Also, the hotel does not have conditioner so get ready for some straw-like hair if you didn't remember to pack your own.
Definitely the best feature of the Inn is the location. I'm not sure what some people consider to be "far," but there are loads of bars, restaurants and shops less than a half mile away. I don't mind the walk at all if it means not having to drive and being able to see some of the campus as well as the local hang-outs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion State College