We stayed for a quiet weekend in the State College while classes were not in session.
Room was a little dated, but still well-appointed and comfortable. An average hotel from a room standpoint. The inn is in a lovely area and the grounds are well-maintained. Excellent views from the room.
Service was phenomenal and helped to offset an issue we had with one of our rooms. The first room we were given had an air conditioning unit that was loud when it kicked in , which was every 10 mins or so. It was so loud that it would wake you up every 10 mins. Enough to drive you crazy.
The next morning, I went to the front desk and was immediately given a room with a more modern system. The front desk clerk seemed to know exactly what I was referring to and knew exactly how to fix it, which led me to infer that this was a common complaint. I would advise anyone checking in to request a room with a more updated air system. They should know what you're talking about.
Regardless, the staff is very willing to make you happy. I would definitely stay here again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion State College