“Thw worst hotel at whtch I ever stayed”

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in State College
A TripAdvisor Member
CORAOPOLIS
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Absolutely the worst hotel at which I ever stayed in over 40 years of going to PSU games. Obviously this is a hotel that capitalizes on its proximity to football games at PSU with no regard to customer satisfaction or quality. The sound on the television and the bathroom light were both malfunctioning and the staff was rude and discourteous.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Thank you for sharing your review of our property. I apologize for your sub par stay, I will be happy to address some issues. We do offer competitive Football rates, as we are one of the least inexpensive properties in town. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction for each guest, and our employees are trained to strive for this as well. Had the television and light malfunctions been reported to the front desk staff? If you could provide me with your name or room number I could investigate further. We take care of each guest concern as they arise, in a timely and attentive manner.

As far as the rude and discourteous staff, I would also be happy to address if I have more specifics, perhaps department and day this occurred. Please do not hesitate to contact me with more specifics.

814-238-3001

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Ramada in Stae College is good value for your money on a football weekend (assuming that's possible in State College). Convenient location. Front desk staff is helpful. Bath rooms are very small and antiquated. Bar and dining is good.

3  Thank Richard D

Hello Richard, thank you for sharing your experience. We do offer competitive Football rates, we are one of the less expensive options in the State College are. I am pleased that you find our value accommodating to your budget. We look forward to seeing you in the 2013 Football season.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

When is State College we always stay at the Ramada. Everyone there is always so helpful. We always get there in time for the fun, inexpensive Happy Hour with great drink and appetizer prices.

2  Thank Jeffrey S

Hello Jeffrey, thank you for sharing your review with other Trip Advisor members. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we welcome you again anytime. Our Happy Hour is a great hit around here! Go Penn State!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have used your facility many times. it is usually pretty good but on this stay it was evident that the sheets had not been changed and there were kids in the pool all night yelling etc. it was impossible to sleep. would be nice if someone checked on this area after sleeping hours.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Forest2012
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

First of all thank you for your continued patronage of the hotel. I am sorry that you found the hotel to be noisey during the football weekend. We do try our best to manage noise during these timeframes, and have staff available. I will speak to our night audit staff and advise them to monitor this area more closey. If you have any problems, please just contact the front desk. As for the sheets, we change daily unless guests opt to participate in our linen reuse program.

We look forward to your return stay and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of further assistance.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Room was clean but on the small side, however, it contained all amenities. We were here for Penn State football. The location was great. Check in and out were quick ans easy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CARLA R

Greetings Carla, thank you for sharing your review of our property. I hope you had a great time while at the game, and I am glad that you found our location accommodating. Please consider us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

was a cheap place near campus. rooms are small with old tv's and very bad internet. bathrooms are tiny. towels are thin, but clean. location, location, location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hello Christopher, and thank you for visiting us. I apologize for the older model television, we are currently updating that particular section of the building. When we are full we have to utilize every room on property. I am also happy to announce that we are upgrading our internet service. Please consider us again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
YORK
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Penn State move in weekend...parties till 6am...no sleep...complained to the desk a couple of times...management made no provisions for security as the only responder was the night accounting manager, Allison...not her job...not mine either...after I complained, was targeted for harassment for balance of night...treated to periodic pounding on my door...got about one hour sleep...this property needs to have provisions for dealing with such issues as I am sure this was not the only instance...comped me for one and a half nites...should have been two...have traveled a lot on business and have to say worst experience ever (and I've had a few)...never again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your review. Most importantly, please accept my apologies for your negative stay. We try our best to control noise, especially on the busy weekends. But unfortunately we do not have security on property, and we cannot fore tell the level of noise and , we can only do our best to control it when it happens.

I am however glad that the desk agent was able to reimburse you for one and a half nights stay. Please give us another chance to make it up to you.