“Habitat for Humanity PA SSO Conference”

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in State College
DELAND
“Habitat for Humanity PA SSO Conference”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This was a very nice stay and great venue for this conference. The roonms were clean and conforable and the conference venue was very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Greetings Mike, and thank you for sharing your review. I am delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed the venue, but you found our housekeeping to be neat and clean. Please consider us for future accommodations as we always welcome you.

Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The room was dusty . It had Several large bugs in it . The outside doorway with the light had large spider webs which had to be knocked down before we could go in. Over all it was not
up to your usual standards

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Greetings, and thank you for sharing your review. We welcome your comments as it helps us daily to improve our service, and I apologize for your sub par stay. I assure you the spider web matter has been investigated in detail, and has been taken care of. As far as the room being dusty, I will speak with my housekeeping staff regarding cleanliness. It is not uncommon that if you had an exterior room, bugs can sometimes draw in. This is not reflective of our housekeeping service, they can easily come in through the outside. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

814-321-9114
Chicago
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was certainly not what we expected. We were visiting family that lives in Foxdale and Ramada has a nice deal for family members that are visiting, so we decided to stay there as opposed to the Courtyard - Marriot down the street. We could not get a room for the Friday and Saturday night because it was a football weekend, so his parents friends put us up on those nights and we stayed at the Ramada on Sunday evening so we could leave early on Monday to head back to Chicago. From the outside it looks nice, but as we entered and went to our room, it was evident that this was not the case. Everything was very dirty and the stairways smelled really gross. When we arrived at our ajoining rooms, we had a little panic attack at first. It was at the end of a hallway, blocked off by a wall and if there was a fire at the end of the wall, we would have been dead because as we discovered when we opened the doors to the room, there was no windows. The rooms were teeny, tiny and very claustrophobic. Since we were just staying one night, we made the best of it. When we returned that night to go to sleep, we went to shower and the shower knob fell off in my hand. I had to leave it that way, because there were more people who had to shower. Needless to say, we didn't sleep well, but we were up early so it really didn;t matter. When we went down to breakfast after we packed the car, most of the food was missing or empty. When we asked the waitress, she said that they had run out of food over the weekend and were not going to get a delivery because it was Labor Day. The whole experience was beyond disappointing, it was really, really horrible. We will never stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hell Susan, thank you for taking the time to share your review. You are correct that we do offer a competitive $55 rate during non special event weekends for friends and family of Foxdale. I apologize for the sub par room cleanliness, as we strive for higher guest satisfaction. As far as the interior rooms not having windows to the exterior, unfortunately when we enclosed our Atrium area,the building codes did not allow us for windows. We do however offer exterior facing rooms with external windows.

If you could provide me with your room number I could investigate whether or not the shower knob instance was reported to the front desk, as we would have sent up maintenance right away.

Travellers are raving about these State College hotels

Boardman
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The front desk clerk on the day I checked in was a little cranky. Also wash cloths were a little dirty looking. I found a bug crawling in the tub last morning I was there. The cleaning crew was nothing short of OUTSTANDING. My wife and I are looking to come to a basketball game and will stay at the hotel. Please feel free to call if you have any questions.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Greetings Robert, thank you for taking the time to post your review. I deeply apologize for the manner in which the staff member approached you. We train all of our front desk agents to be friendly, compassionate, understanding, and most of all to provide 100% guest satisfaction each and every time. I will again review with the desk associates proper guest protocol.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Absolutely the worst hotel at which I ever stayed in over 40 years of going to PSU games. Obviously this is a hotel that capitalizes on its proximity to football games at PSU with no regard to customer satisfaction or quality. The sound on the television and the bathroom light were both malfunctioning and the staff was rude and discourteous.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for sharing your review of our property. I apologize for your sub par stay, I will be happy to address some issues. We do offer competitive Football rates, as we are one of the least inexpensive properties in town. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction for each guest, and our employees are trained to strive for this as well. Had the television and light malfunctions been reported to the front desk staff? If you could provide me with your name or room number I could investigate further. We take care of each guest concern as they arise, in a timely and attentive manner.

As far as the rude and discourteous staff, I would also be happy to address if I have more specifics, perhaps department and day this occurred. Please do not hesitate to contact me with more specifics.

814-238-3001
GIBSONIA
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Ramada in Stae College is good value for your money on a football weekend (assuming that's possible in State College). Convenient location. Front desk staff is helpful. Bath rooms are very small and antiquated. Bar and dining is good.

3 Thank Richard D
Hello Richard, thank you for sharing your experience. We do offer competitive Football rates, we are one of the less expensive options in the State College are. I am pleased that you find our value accommodating to your budget. We look forward to seeing you in the 2013 Football season.

Coatesville
Reviewed 4 September 2012

When is State College we always stay at the Ramada. Everyone there is always so helpful. We always get there in time for the fun, inexpensive Happy Hour with great drink and appetizer prices.

2 Thank Jeffrey S
Hello Jeffrey, thank you for sharing your review with other Trip Advisor members. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we welcome you again anytime. Our Happy Hour is a great hit around here! Go Penn State!