“For a quick one nighter this worked. The pool was...”

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
Randolph
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have stayed here many times, the service and management are excellent, very accomodating. While this is a somewhat older building, the rooms and common areas are clean and well-kept. We will continue to stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Greetings Robert, we thank you for such a thoughtful review. It is true that although we are an older building, we have done extensive renovations since we were a Holiday Inn back in the 60's. I hope that you enjoyed your time at the Penn State Football game, and we look forward to seeing you next season. Go Penn State!

Happy Holidays,
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here while visiting my daughter at Penn State. The place is old, dirty, and dingy. My room did not have a window, and the bathroom was tiny and gross. I would only stay here if you have no other options in state college

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Marc, I do apologize that you had a sub par stay. It is true that we were built in the 60's but we have done extensive renovations and updating since then, I am sorry that you were unable to enjoy said renovations. If you could please provide me with a specific concern, as we are always open to suggestions and new ways in which we can improve. Our goals is for our guests to enjoy their stay, feel comfortable, and at home. If there is anything I can do please feel free to contact me at 814-238-3001.

Happy Holidays

Travellers are raving about these State College hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recently I was up to Penn State for a training seminar. This hotel was very close to the campus and was pretty nice. The onsite restaurant was nice to have a dinner without going all over town to look for a place to eat. Next time I go back will be for a football game next month and plan to book with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Marcus, we thank you for sharing such a great review. It is true that we are very close to campus, about two miles away. We offer convenience without being right down town. Our onsite restaurant P.J. Harrigans is a local favorite, and I have received many great reviews from our hotel guests as well. Please feel free to visit us again anytime!

Happy Holidays
Vineland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Baseball nine (a very large group) was suppose to have breakfast buffet included in their weekend stay and did not get it even after much pressure to look into the contract and saw that we should have received it. Also, hotel very old and needs updating. Manager and front desk staff don't deserve their jobs! On a positive note....housekeeping were very nice & helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Suzann,

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. My front office manager called me on Saturday, and she did show you a copy of the contract that was sent to the Nine Baseballl Manager which did not have breakfast included. I emailed him on Saturday to inform him of the situation, and he was aware that breakfast was not included. We elected not to include breakfast this time because the rates were already higher due to Parents Weekend, as we were trying to provide the lowest rate possible. I am delighted that you were pleased with the housekeeping service. I will also email my contact with Nine Baseball and let him know of the situation. I apologize for the inconvenience, but the fact that we did not honor the contract is not accurate, so I hope that we can get to root of the problem regarding the miscommunication.