“Not being kept up, needs remodeling”

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College
Bethlehem, PA
“Not being kept up, needs remodeling”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My first visit here was when I was about 8 yo, back in early 70's.(Also stayed here numerous times in 90's and 00's for mtgs) Not much has changed at all!!! The cool part is that there is a indoor pool and jacuzzi with a tropical theme and a cool sports bar attached to the hotel. After that, it goes down hill!!! I was there for 2 weeks for business and checked in on a Sunday afternoon. The front desk staff was far from friendly and it seemed like i was a bother to her to have to check me in. When asked some questions I got one word answers and they didn't answer my questions.I had a inside room near the pool. Room was pretty quiet for the most part but the A/C and heat was a issue with room #1. Couldn't get room cooler than 72 degrees. The morning buffet is pathetic!! You get scrambled egg, sausage and hash browns EVERYDAY!!! We had 2 days that they added something new and that was it!! One of those days was something resembling dog food so we all avoided it. The only good part about the food is that the staff is awesome in the restaurant. We then returned for the following week arriving on Sunday again and were told there was a party in pool area and we couldn't have a inside room. The outside rooms are horrible!! Paper thin walls and you can hear everything. This was room #2 and we had problems with the temp in that room too! Then we asked for room changes on Monday and they got us back into the interior area. All of our rooms (others from my business) were stuck around 72 f and they stated they couldn't do anything about it, since the A/C units are turned off for the year. The rooms were far from clean each day....the tubs had a weeks full of hair from past showers and were never cleaned. Sheets on beds had black shoe prints on them and what looked like dried blood!!! They need to sink some money into this place and train majority of the staff about customer care!!! This was my last stay here for sure.

Room Tip: if you MUST stay here, request a inside room or DON'T stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Greetings, we thank you for bringing some important matters to our attention. I would first like to apologize for the service you encountered while checking in, this is certainly not how we train our employees to behave, and I will address with the staff members. We have actually done many renovations in the past five years, and continue to do so. We have replaced all of our Televisions with flat screens, replaced furniture, carpeting, bedding, and renovated our guest bathrooms. We have also added a new addition to our onsite restaurant P.J. Harrigans. As far as the breakfast buffet, I am sorry you were not able to enjoy our options. We do offer the following items; eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, bagels and bread. During the week when our buffet is complimentary, we offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts which are a very popular item here. As far as the housekeeping issues, I will certainly discuss with my head of housekeeping. This is not the type of service we want to offer our guests, as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. If you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to contact me at 814-238-3001. Again I thank you for making us aware of these issues.

Kind Regards,
Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here several times before, but this time the Teen (State College has lots of sports torney)
at the pool till 11Pm were loud. Then when the Bar closed at 2:00 all the drunks not ready to go to their room stayed in the pool area 9which had great acustics) and was like a drunk concert until 3.

No one at the front desk (mostly college kids, care).

If you want quiet, find another place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve M
Good Afternoon Steve, I thank you for taking the time to share your review. I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy your stay. We do close our pool at 10pm sharp every night, and unfortunately on occasion that does not stop some guests from trying to gather in that area. We do have someone at the desk 24 hours a day, and we do our best to control noise at all hours of the night, but again that does not always stop some guests from acting inappropriate. We welcome you back anytime, perhaps on a more quiet weekend.

Best Regards,

Travellers are raving about these State College hotels

Reading
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I travel to State College frequently, and whenever I can, I stay at the Ramada Inn. It is at a great location - close to the University and downtown, but far enough way that you are not in a congested area. The hotel itself is top-notch in my opinion. The rooms are very clean, have a decent size refrigerator and microwave, and extremely comfortable beds. One of the big perks of staying there is the large indoor pool and hot tub. On our recent stay, we came back from eating out downtown, and spent the night relaxing in the hot tub. Another perk is during the week they have a free breakfast buffet - not just coffee and donuts - with scrambled eggs, sausage, and home fires, etc. This is the truly the best hotel option in the State College!

Room Tip: We always choose an indoor room close by the pool area so you don't have to walk outside or far...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Good Afternoon Sherry, thank you for writing such a great review. I am delighted to hear that you had such a great stay, and we welcome you back anytime!

Best Regards,